- Name: Sherrod Paige
- Position: DB
- College: Delta State University
- Height: 6’2″
- Weight: 200 lbs
- Twitter: @Rod_paige7
What sets you apart from other defensive backs?
- What separates me from other defensive backs is that I am very versatile. I can cover any position on the field, while also playing the deep ball. My ball skills and ability to take away the ball helps me put my offense in good situations. At the same time I can play in the box as well.
What type of energy do you bring onto the football field?
- On the football field I’m completely locked in. Looking to always do my job to set the team up for success.
What do you think are the keys to success on the football field?
- Actually loving the game of football. You get out what you put in. In order to play at a high level for a long time most days you’re going to have to watch extra film, get extra work after practice, extra stretching etc. All of these factors play a key role into consistently improving your game.
If there was a billboard with 5 of your traits on it which 5 traits would be up there?
- Long, rangy, great ball skills, physical and versatile.
If you could hang out with any football player past or present for a day who and why?
- Ed Reed. He is one of the best defensive players the NFL has ever seen. His ability to do it all, while being one of the smartest on the field inspires me to work to get to that level. I would like to know that day to day process on how to reach that level of success.
How are you planning to prepare for the draft?
- My plan is to attack my weaknesses and build upon my strengths. I am also using this time to learn how to be a professional, training in a professional atmosphere. Learning how my body works, along with learning how to properly recover my body can bring me longevity in this game.
What should we know about Sherrod Paige the person?
- I am always willing to help. I always try to uplift people close to me as well as others who may not be as fortunate as me.
How do you handle challenges both in life and on the football field?
- I focus on controlling what I can control and letting God take care of the rest.
What are your favorite moments from your football life?
- Whenever my family came to my college football games.
What would a team get in a player like you?
- A player that loves the game of football and aims to get better each and every rep. I am a versatile player that can fit in any system with definite playmaking ability.
What is your favorite coverage and why?
- Either cover 2 or cover 3. These coverages allow me to play over top, roam the field and take the ball away.
What made you decide you wanted to be a football player?
- Football was the first sport I started playing. Other sports were fun to play but for some reason I could only lock in on football. I just love everything that comes with the game of football.