- Name: Mike Tverdov
- Position: DE/OLB
- College: Rutgers University
- Height: 263
- Weight 6’4″
- Twitter: @MikeTverdov97
- Instagram: @MikeTverdov97
What makes you a top prospect at your position in the 2022 NFL Draft?
- I am a top prospect at my position due to my ability to stop the run, rush the passer, and play in space. I have gone against NFL talent on a weekly basis throughout my career. Playing in 45 career games in the Big Ten helped me gain a lot of valuable experience which a lot of other prospects may not have. I have also played in multiple schemes and defenses and learned the ability to adapt in different defenses. My versatility and experience gives me the upper hand on a lot of other prospects at my position. I take great pride in my preparation leading up the game whether it be film study, getting my body right, sleeping, or putting the right food in my body. I learned how to prepare like a pro during my time at Rutgers.
At what age were you first interested in the sport of football?
- I was about six years old when I started watching football then I played for the first time when I was 7.
What is one thing that NFL teams should know about you?
- I love reading self improvement books. Whether it be financially, mentally, or spiritually. I read to learn and improve myself as a person.
If you could donate to one cause in the world, what would it be?
- I would donate to world hunger.
What is the best advice you have ever received?
- Practice what you preach.
Who was your childhood hero?
- My older brother.
Who is the most underrated teammate in your locker room at your school?
- Deion Jennings.
What is your biggest pet peeve?
- Bad manners.
Overcoming adversity is what defines character, what was the hardest moment in your life to overcome?
- I have had many moments of adversity, but the main one would be getting season ending shoulder surgery two days before training camp started my freshman year. I left high school early everyday my senior year to train at Rutgers and prepare for the season. It was one of the hardest times of my life, and I did it for five months. I was devastated when I found out I needed surgery my first summer here, but it made me a stronger person!
Tell me something about your school and why it is so special to you?
- I grew up watching Rutgers football. From the time I was a little boy I visualized walking down the tunnel and playing on the field. I did this for many years until it became a reality. It’s special to me, because it taught me if you believe in something deeply enough to pursue it with everything you have, it’s always achievable.
What is your favorite snack food?
- Protein shakes.
What is the best part of football?
- You can legally hit someone as hard as you can with no consequences.
If you could sell yourself in one sentence what would you say?
- If you want a run stopping pass rushing weapon that can play multiple positions then your looking at him.
‘If you could compare your play to one player in the NFL who would it be?
- Chase Winovich. We both have long hair, are similar in size, and have a motor that never shuts down.
If you could have dinner with three people dead or alive, who would it be and why?
- Michael Jordan, Jesus, and Shaq.