- Name: Javon Frazier
- Position: Edge
- College: Virginia State University
- Height: 6’2″
- Weight: 248 lbs
- Twitter: @JavonABM
- Instagram: @javonabm
What type of energy do you bring onto the football field?
- I bring a calm focused energy but it is felt. I’m not the player who is necessarily hyped and yelling, but my game play speaks for itself. Don’t get me wrong though, in those big moments or tight games I am definitely vocal and hyped up but for the most part I’m focused and waiting for the snap of the ball.
If you could hang out with any football player past or present for a day who and why?
- I’d love to hang out with Lawrence Taylor. The stories about him on and off the field had to be even crazier witnessing it in person. I admire how he could perform on the field regardless of what he did the night before. There had to be a secret mindset he had that allowed him to separate from how he felt when the ball was snapped.
What are your favorite moments from your football life?
- Some of my favorite football moments occurred off the field. I have countless memories with my friends from HS up until the recent Legacy Bowl. I remember my HS coach, Coach Brown, was driving a few of us back from JMU in his truck after a 7v7 tournament. And we had to pull over on the highway because we all caught cramps and almost simultaneously at like 9pm.
What sets you apart from other defensive linemen?
- What sets me apart from other D-Lineman is my versatility. I believe being a standup end/OLB requires a mixture of speed and strength and I think I embodied that. I’m also able to recognize the backfield and the stance of the Offensive Lineman and call down the line what the play will be.
How are you planning to prepare for the draft?
- I’m just trying to take every precaution possible to ensure I’m giving myself the best chance. I’m in the gym early in the morning before the sun is up and around lunch I am working on speed training or football specific drills. If I’m not working out I’m spending time with my daughter. I know if I am drafted there’s a good possibility I will be away from her for some time, so I’m trying to put all my time and energy into what matters the most to me. Which is football and my baby girl.
If there was a billboard with 5 of your traits on it which 5 traits would be up there?
- I believe the billboard would show my twitch, my motor, leadership, accountability, and my speed.
What made you decide you wanted to be a football player?
- I didn’t originally want to play football at first. I was a basketball guy, played for as long as I can remember. My dad made me at least try it out for one year, my freshman year, and if I didn’t like it I could have stopped. But I fell in love with it.. Plus after I started taking lifting seriously and building muscle, I lost my midrange jump shot and I couldn’t make a shot to save my life. So I humbly decided to stick with football.
What are you looking to achieve as a football player going forward?
- My main goal going forward is to make it and stay in the NFL. I am interested in all the other leagues out now, but since I was a kid the NFL has always been a dream for me. I love football and competing but I am at the stage in my career, especially being a father, that ultimately I want my talent to help everyone around me. If I can be the financial backbone for my family doing something I love, then I know I made it in life.
What do you think are the keys to success on the football field?
- I think the keys to success in football are simple. Play hard and play until the whistle is blown. I was always taught if you do something wrong make sure you do it 100%. I can’t count how many times I was reached, or misaligned or just simply doing the wrong thing. But because I was doing it with all my effort and until the whistle I made a play. I promise you a coach will not get mad if you sack the QB through the wrong gap.
What would a team get in a player like you?
- A team would get a reliable guy that comes into work ready to compete and give his all day in and day out. I’m a older guy in the draft so not only are they get a rookie with fresh legs but they are also getting a vet in the same person.
What do you love about the game of football?
- I love the symbolism that football has. My 11 versus your 11. We all have to trust each other to accomplish our goals. If my brother lacks it, I must pick up his slack or we all fail. The camaraderie and brotherhood in football is only known by those who play it.
What should we know about Javon Frazier the person?
- Javon Frazier is the type of person that always wants to take care of everyone. I have a caring heart and genuinely want to see those around me happy and successful. I’m a hard worker and don’t shy away from a challenge but instead embrace it and attack it head on. I’m a father, a brother, and a son wrapped into a football player hoping to make my dream a reality for my family.