- Name: Jaquay Martin
- Position: DB
- College: TCU
- Height: 6’3″
- Weight: 207 lbs
- Twitter: @bigswaggyquay
What made you decide you wanted to be a football player?
- Sean Taylor! Growing up as a kid my dad didn’t let me watch cartoons he made me watch football and he would always put on Sean Taylor highlights and I fell in love with his playing style.
If there was a billboard with 5 of your traits on it which 5 traits would be up there?
- Leader, accountable, trustworthy, hardworking, and consistent.
How are you planning to prepare for the draft?
- I’ve been training with my trainer, making sure that I am eating the right things and getting the proper rest. I’ve also started a new diet to make sure that I am getting the right nutrition. We are working out 6 days a week and taking Sundays off.
What are your favorite moments from your football life?
- Getting my first offer in high school to play in college, that was a real eye opener for me. All the hard work I had been putting in was finally starting to pay off.
What sets you apart from other defensive backs?
- My ability to play any position in the secondary! Not scared of contact and I’m able to cover bigger TE’S/WR’S and hit and will not shy away from contact when it comes to hitting bigger RB’S. I overly communicate the play calls to make sure the entire defense is on the same page. While playing at 110 speed every play.
What is your favorite coverage and why?
- Man to man I feel like with me being as big and physical as I am I have great hips and can cover a lot of ground.
What should we know about Jaquay Martin the person?
- I put God first In everything I do. Humble real down to earth. I love being around family and friends.
If you could hang out with any football player past or present for a day who and why?
- Tom Brady just to pick his brain and see how he lasted so long in the league.
What do you think are the keys to success on the football field?
- Film study! Proper prior planning prevents poor performance.
What would a team get in a player like you?
- You only get 53 on a NFL roster I feel like if a team drafts me they get 56. That’s how much I would help.
How do you handle challenges both in life and on the football field?
- Praying to God and keeping him first he hasn’t let me down yet and he never will.
What do you love about the game of football?
- The grind and seeing my self get better day in and out.