- Name: Devin Rockette
- Position: DB
- College: University of South Alabama
- Height: 5’11”
- Weight: 183 lbs
- Twitter: @DMNR_6
- Instagram: @_devinrockette.6
What are you looking to achieve as a football player going forward?
- Just showing that football can be another way out of where you are and be the best player that I can be and motivate kids that they can be best around the world.
What sets you apart from other defensive backs?
- I feel like my speed, my leadership and my football IQ to read offense and study film.
How are you planning to prepare for the draft?
- I’m training right now. Just working on my skill set and getting my 40 time down in Dallas right now.
What made you decide you wanted to be a football player?
- When I was young my dad died and my dad was a football player and my friends Jarkel Joiner who is playing basketball for Ole Miss right and Hiram Wadlington helped me get into football and my brother made me interested in football and when my dad died I was like football was meant for me.
If there was a billboard with 5 of your traits on it which 5 traits would be up there?
- Speed, football IQ, quick twitch, physical and man coverage.
What are your favorite moments from your football life?
- Just bonding with my teammates and creating such good friendships out on the football field knowing that they had my back.
What is your favorite coverage and why?
- I honestly don’t have a favorite coverage but if I had to pick it would be cover 1 or cover 3, but the reason I say cover 3 is I look at the quarterbacks eyes and in man coverage it’s either me or them and 9 times out of 10 it will be me.
If you could hang out with any football player past or present for a day who and why?
- Charles Woodson, because Charles is wise when it comes to football and sometimes the older wisdom is the best wisdom for younger players and he knows the game of football well.
How do you handle challenges both in life and on the football field?
- I feel like I handle them well and I feel like when my dad passed away I am prepared for anything that comes my way.
What would a team get in a player like you?
- They would get a physical corner, who is a team player, who works well in a team environment. Willing to do anything to help the team any way and does anything the team asks and does his job and holds himself accountable in anything he does.
What do you think are the keys to success on the football field?
- It starts with discipline and then it starts with effort. And then you have to come with a positive mindset everyday and willing to go above and beyond everyday and be a team player.
What should we know about Devin Rockette the person?
- I am one of the most selfless, kind and compassionate people you ever know, I’m goal oriented and Devin Rockette does everything with God and has faith in God.