- Name: Da’Quan Lewis
- Position: DB
- College: Virginia State University
- Height: 6’1″
- Weight: 170 lbs
- Twitter: @deelew_
- Instagram: @deelew.oss
What are you looking to achieve as a football player going forward?
- To one day become a legend.
What are your favorite moments from your football life?
- Getting my first scholarship offer, playing at the Hall of Fame stadium in Canton, winning the GMAC Championship game.
If there was a billboard with 5 of your traits on it which 5 traits would be up there?
- Confident, compassionate, gritty, determined, and ambitious.
What sets you apart from other defensive backs?
- Tall, speedy, smart, long, gritty corner who loves to tackle and just make plays period also my knowledge of the game, schemes, and stats.
How are you planning to prepare for the draft?
- Planning to continue training for the upcoming American National Combines and looking to keep my journey alive.
If you could hang out with any football player past or present for a day who and why?
- Ray Lewis. He embodies the dawg and fire I want to bring to whatever field I step on. He is Super Bowl Champion and I would love to absorb the boat loads of football knowledge he would provide. Also being a Mass Communications Graduate this upcoming summer. I would love to connect with him on a TV media level as well. We also have the same last name.
What made you decide you wanted to be a football player?
- I started playing at 5 years old just being outside doing what little boys do. I never decided on football, football decided on me.
What should we know about Da’Quan Lewis the person?
- I am focused, passionate, smart individual who really just has been waiting and working all his life to see his dream come true. An outgoing, charismatic, fun energy, fan favorite type guy, who when is down turns to family and football. I’m someone ready to work because the road has never been easy for me in my life but I’ve always made it to my destination with dedication. I don’t plan on stopping until my dream is reality.
How do you handle challenges both in life and on the football field?
- Pray. Hold faith. God set my life already. With every sign he gives me. I have faith his plan is why I dream how I dream.
What would a team get in a player like you?
- They get a professional and a high class athlete. They get a level 100 competitor mindset type of guy. A mamba mentality type guy. Ready to work. They get a gifted athlete who understands the work never stops. They get a player who has seen the top and has also seen the bottom. They get a player that is hungry, hungry for his family, hungry for his dream.
What is your favorite coverage and why?
- Man to man. It just will be me vs you. I like the island.
What do you love about the game of football?