- Name: Brennan Ray
- Position: Safety
- College: Montclair State University
- Height: 6’3
- Weight: 190 lbs
- Twitter: @brennan5189
- Instagram: @brennanjray
What makes you a top prospect at your position in the 2022 NFL Draft?
- What makes me separated from other athletes entering the draft is having a full 4 year starting experience against top teams in the country. With having a lot of playing time and experience I have been able to receive amazing accolades young in the game. I bring a lot of energy to the field making big plays to turn the game around by being in the right place and fling to the ball.
At what age were you first interested in the sport of football?
- It feels like ever since birth football has been in my blood but I began playing football on a team at 6 years old.
What is one thing that NFL teams should know about you?
- One thing teams should know about me is I listen and apply. The only reason I was able to start all four years was because I listened to my coaches and trusted the system following my skill alongside all the hard work put in the off season. I am a field general and communicate before the ball is snapped so the defense is all on the same page to get the job. I always give my max effort and it puts me in a big situation to make big plays.
If you could donate to one cause in the world, what would it be?
- If i could donate to one place in the world it would be for special needs children. I have done a lot of non profit work with special needs children and they have so much talent and deserve more.
What is the best advice you have ever received?
- The best advice I received was “you don’t have to be here, you get to be here”
Who was your childhood hero?
- My childhood hero had to have been Ray Lewis, I love to duplicate his game.
Who is the most underrated teammate in your locker room at your school?
- The most underrated teammate in my locker room would have to be our Defensive end Dimitrius Pali.
What is your biggest pet peeve?
- My biggest pet peeve is not duplicating the system and doing what you’re coached to do (making the same mistake twice).
Overcoming adversity is what defines character, what was the hardest moment in your life to overcome?
- The hardest moment in my life I had to overcome was just recently with COVID and football being taken from me for a year. The only way I dealt with that was to train harder.
Tell me something about your school and why it is so special to you?
- The reason this school is so special to me is the home-like feel on campus alongside the NFL style coaching.
What is your favorite snack food?
- My favorite snack is rice krispies.
What is the best part of football?
- The best part about football is being able to help others that are new or having trouble understand the system.
If you could sell yourself in one sentence what would you say?
- All I know is to hustle and execute.
If you could compare your play to one player in the NFL who would it be?
- Jabrill Peppers
If you could have dinner with three people dead or alive, who would it be and why?
- I would have dinner with the singer /songwriter Russ.2