- Name: Tyleeke Smith
- Position: Corner
- College: Alderson Broaddus/ Lackawanna College
- Height: 6’1
- Weight: 190
- Twitter: TyLouieV
- Instagram: dukiooo_
What makes you a top prospect at your position in the 2022 NFL Draft?
- I am a long, athletic corner with profile size and speed for my position. I’ve played against multiple top level wide receivers and been the shut down option for my team. I am more than willing to improve my skills to continue to grow into a top level shut down cornerback. I have proven that I have the ability, understanding of the game, trust, and accountability to be a top level professional.
At what age were you first interested in the sport of football?
- Around the age 6, prior to football I was a mini basketball and boxing star.
What is one thing that NFL teams should know about you?
- I have been through so many hard times and adversities as an immature young player and person that has grown me up immensely. I am now a man who is ready to professionally approach my business, accept coaching, and become the best cornerback in the league.
If you could donate to one cause in the world, what would it be?
- Breast Cancer awareness because one of my friends throughout college who’s family I’m really close too we’re affected by breast cancer.
What is the best advice you have ever received?
- Never give up on your dream whatsoever is worth it is never easy.
Who was your childhood hero?
- My mother, throughout our struggles she stood by my side no matter what the circumstances were. And she always seemed to make a way!
Who is the most underrated teammate in your locker room at your school?
- Lil Kenny he is like 5’6 quiet dude, but he catches the ball like a 6’2 Wideout and is slippery in man coverage.
What is your biggest pet peeve?
One of my pet peeves are being on a team & we don’t work as a team. Instead individually or groups. Being on a great team you work together in every faze on and off the field.
Overcoming adversity is what defines character, what was the hardest moment in your life to overcome?
- The hardest moment in my life was high school waking up everyday with nothing, wearing the same clothes and sneakers. Sleeping at different relatives house every other day because we didn’t have a place to stay. I’m still in the process of overcoming everything but the first steps was graduating high school and college with my Bachelors degree.
Tell me something about your school and why it is so special to you?
- The student section! Ab is a small school so it feels good the way we go above and beyond with the support for each other.
What is your favorite snack food?
- I wouldn’t say I have a particularly favorite snack I will honestly eat anything I can get my hands on.
What is the best part of football?
- The best part of football is a packed out rivalry game that’s going down to the wire.
If you could sell yourself in one sentence what would you say?
- If you want the ultra competitor who has seen it all and wants to take on the challenge of contributing to winning, I am your man.
If you could compare your play to one player in the NFL who would it be?
- Richard Sherman. If i had to compare myself to Richard Sherman I would say we have a similar dog mentality but still humble. We are both field smart, covers well in zone. Go to guys in man coverage and without a doubt will come up and tackle the ball.
If you could have dinner with three people dead or alive, who would it be and why?
- Steve Jobs, Deion sanders, and Calvin Johnson. Steve Jobs changed technology by creating the iPhone. A dinner with him helping me learn where to start with my own business. Deion sanders is arguably the best corner to ever play the game so just getting tips & technique from him can alter my game in so many ways. Calvin Johnson is somebody I used to model my game after when I was in recreation and little league I thought I was the best wide out ever.