- Name: Sam Camargo
- Position: TE
- College: University of Central Arkansas
- Height: 6’3″
- Weight: 260 lbs
- Instagram: @samuelc23
What do you think are the keys to success on the football field?
- The keys to success on the field, I’ll say would be knowing how to deal with adversity and being self-less, being able to do what’s best for the team. As well as giving 100% on and off the field because what you do off can translate to how successful you’ll be on the field.
What are you looking to achieve as a football player going forward?
- I’m looking to be the best I can be at the highest level, to make a positive impact, and be a top performer no matter where I go.
What sets you apart from other tight ends?
- My versatility, being able to be put in various positions on the field if it’s being out wide, on the line, or even in the backfield, and achieve what needs to be done. My combination of both strength and speed as well.
What made you decide you wanted to be a football player?
- I’ve always loved the game but when I was young watching my older brother play football and looking up to him is what truly made me want to become a football player. The excitement and happiness of being able to step on the field, suit up and perform well are why I love being a football player.
What are your favorite moments from your football life?
- My favorite moment would be back in 2019 when we won our conference championship game. As well as my first touchdown as a UCA Bear which was at Hawaii.
If you could hang out with any football player past or present for a day who and why?
- George Kittle, because he is the best tight end in the league. He’s got the ability to do everything on the field is amazing and he seems like an amazing guy to hangout with.
What should we know about Samuel Camargo the person?
- I get along with everyone, I can always be relied upon not only on the field but as a great friend. I’m dedicated and motivated in anything I do. I enjoy helping others as well as pushing others to succeed.
How do you handle challenges both in life and on the football field?
- By seeking and asking for advice and help. I can face those challenges head-on and alone, but if you surround yourself with the right people those that got your back the same as your got theirs you’ll be able to handle and deal with any challenge in life. Even if it’s advice and help from teammates, coaches, family, and friends.
How are you planning to prepare for the draft?
- I’ve been training and will continue to do so with one of the best performance trainers in Florida, not only training my body but also studying techniques that’ll help me better my performance for my position and getting mentally prepared as well.
What would a team get in a player like you?
- Any team I go to will get everything out of me no matter what position I’m put at, and I will push those around me to be better as well in every aspect.
What do you love about the game of football?
- The feeling of it, the thrill, excitement, happiness I have for the game. The feeling when people cheer for you when you score a touchdown, run over someone or make an amazing play. The family/brotherhood you build through the game of football is also another reason.
What type of energy do you bring onto the football field?
- I’m all for energy not only for the offensive side but for defense and special teams too. I will be all hyped and pumped for everyone.