- Name: Mykeal White
- Position: Defensive Lineman
- College: Southern Utah University
- Height: 6’3
- Weight: 295
- Twitter: @WhiteMykeal
- Instagram: @_mykee21
What makes you a top prospect at your position in the 2022 NFL Draft?
- My work ethic and dedication to this game is what makes me a top prospect. I am a student of the game, and I am always trying to learn new techniques or approaches. I am always coachable and have great character on and off the field. I have a beautiful family, my fiancé and 18month old son. They are my world and I have been on course to ensure I provide the best future for my family, which added further to my work ethic and dedication.
At what age were you first interested in the sport of football?
- Ever since I can remember being a little kid, I loved football. I have been playing since I was six years old. From throwing up the football in the streets to flag football. Once I got into organized youth football (Jr. Pee wee) I really started to embrace football and my joy for the game and never looked back.
What is one thing that NFL teams should know about you?
- NFL teams should know that I have no plans to fall short or put myself in a position to fail. I will give my best effort in everything I do and always put the organization ahead of my personal merit on and off the field. I am ready to fill any role necessary and always give detail and attention to my actions. I move with intent and purpose in everything I do.
If you could donate to one cause in the world, what would it be?
- I would donate to restoring and giving all those who are homeless a place to live. Many people are presented with unwarranted job losses, lay-offs, financial issues, and other factors that put them in a position limiting their financial situation. Many are also substance abusers to either cope with their struggles, or that is why they struggle. Shelter is a necessity to provide peace of mind, protection from outside elements, protections from animals and unwanted guests. This cause can also help those gain the confidence and drive to get on their feet and strive to become or back to being a productive member of society.
What is the best advice you have ever received?
- It is better to be prepared for an opportunity and not have one, than have an opportunity and not be prepared for it.
Who was your childhood hero?
- My mother was my hero then and is my hero now. She is the reason for my success and most of the reason why I am here today. I say this because, without her motivation, supportive parenting skills and always loving my brothers and I, I could not imagine myself here without her. She always made sure I kept on a narrow path with school, sports, and sports, which molded and shaped my mindset that granted me access to abilities and drive to be where I have got today.
Who is the most underrated teammate in your locker room at your school?
- Our most underrated player in my opinion would be Aaron Romero. DT/DE
What is your biggest pet peeve?
- My biggest pet peeve would be when drivers tailgate
Overcoming adversity is what defines character, what was the hardest moment in your life to overcome?
- The hardest moment in my life was dislocating my shoulder during my junior college 2017 year. I thought my career was over and all my dreams went out the window with my injury. I bounced back, coming back stronger and faster, earning a scholarship to a division one program. That headspace I was in was negative and depressing, and I pulled myself out of that funk and got back on my path. This was the hardest moment I have faced thus far.
Tell me something about your school and why it is so special to you?
- Southern Utah is home away from home. The school staff and faculty have always been supportive and helpful during my journey at SUU. From academics to financial aid, the time and attention invested into us as athletes was more than needed. For these main reasons, cedar is special to me. It will always be my home away from home.
What is your favorite snack food?
- Snicker bar
What is the best part of football?
- Moving a man from point A to point B against his will. Winning my 1v1 makes my day.
If you could sell yourself in one sentence, what would you say?
- I am a versatile athlete who can play in multiple alignments across the board and I am very reliable as a person and player
If you could compare your play to one player in the NFL, who would it be?
- Cameron Heyward– Pittsburgh Steelers
If you could have dinner with three people dead or alive, who would it be and why?
- My grandmother who passed away. I just want to see her smile and tell her all about my life, get advice from her for my problems or dilemmas I might be facing.
- Having dinner with an NFL scout to discuss the contact and terms for my time with the program that signs me. This would be surreal, and in my mind, I would know I reached my goal. This is my goal in football, being named a professional.
- I would like to have dinner with Aaron Donald, to learn his mental approach and crafting skills against the pass and run. I have so many questions for him about his technique and moves. I can gain insight from a player of my position and gain an advantage to playing at the next level. I know there is information and skills from all defensive lineman, he has just been the one to watch in my eyes.