- Name: Leandro DeBrito
- Position: DB
- College: Duquesne University
- Height: 6’2″
- Weight: 200 lbs
- Twitter: @TheDeBrito_era
- Instagram: @thedebrito_era
What made you decide you wanted to be a football player?
- The love for the game and how I can change my life and family’s life by keep working hard and make it one day!
If you could hang out with any football player past or present for a day who and why?
- I would like to hang out with Ray Lewis because It amazes me how much passion he has for this game and how he plays every play like is his last play ever.
What sets you apart from other defensive backs?
- Versatile. I believe I can play any position on the field at high level. I’m like a QB playing defense I know what everyone in my defense doing. I’m very vocal on the field, I focus a lot on communication especially as a db I believe that’s the number one thing so everyone can be on the same level.
What are the keys to success on the football field?
- The keys for me is being coachable and taking care of your body. I believe you as a football player you gotta do the little things to be successful. For example; watch film on yourself, and your opponent. Always be prepared for anything and be ahead of things.
What are your favorite moments from your football life?
- One of my favorite things was when I got my first offer out of juco. I say that because going juco was really hard but it made me the man and the player I am today.
What are you looking to achieve as a football player going forward?
- I will like to be the best player I can be and become a hall of famer one day.
What do you love about the game of football?
- What I love about the game of football is how much emotions this game can bring to you before or after a play.
How are you planning to prepare for the draft?
- My plans are take my workout to another level and when the time comes to show the scouts what I’m capable of.
How do you handle challenges both in life and on the football field?
- Staying positive and take my life day by day. There’s always going to be bad days on and off the field but you have to be able to correct the wrongs so you can move forward.
What would a team get in a player like you?
- A brother first. I treat everyone on the team as my family and if you know me I don’t play about my family. You getting a leader and I can lead by example also. I take my job serious and I’m here to WIN! You getting a player who play with aggressive, fast and smart.
What type of energy do you bring onto the football field?
- A lot of emotions and especially with a dawg mentally.
What should we know about Leandro Debrito the person?
- I’m a big soccer player, I play a lot of soccer on my free time.