- Name: James Stanley Jr
- Position: TE
- College: Hampton University
- Height: 6’5″
- Weight: 260 lbs
- Twitter: @jlsj86_
- Instagram: @jlsj_
If you could hang out with any football player past or present for a day who and why?
- I’ll hang out with Mercedes Lewis because he’s one of the best blocking tight ends ever so I feel like I could take in some good advice from him about being in the league.
What are your favorite moments from your football life?
- My sophomore year of Juco because we went undefeated, won the conference, and a bowl game in Arizona. That team was full of great players that I believe gone be in the league soon.
What type of energy do you bring onto the football field?
- Positive energy to get my teammates going. I’m very passionate on the field so you are gonna hear me make noise especially after a big play whether I make the play or not I’ll be showing emotion for my teammates because that can help with confidence, and momentum.
How are you planning to prepare for the draft?
- I’ll be in Virginia working out getting a lot of fields, and weight room work in and hopefully playing in a couple of All-Star events for more exposure, God willing.
What made you decide you wanted to be a football player?
- Always had a passion for the sport since about the age of 4, and my big brother Brian was a well-known player in my city, I looked up to him and wanted to do what he was doing.
What sets you apart from other tight ends?
- My blocking most definitely, I take pride in that. It’s not a lot of people in my position who wants to get it done in the trenches but I’m very dominant in there.
What do you think are the keys to success on the football field?
- Mindset, willing to be coached, and focus/execution.
What should we know about James Stanley Jr the person?
- God fearing and very genuine person, I’ll go out of my way helping others.
How do you handle challenges both in life and on the football field?
- By praying and working through it, just knowing it’s life things gonna happen and they happen for a reason.
What would a team get in a player like you?
- Not only a great player but person whose all about helping the team get better, and doing my job.
What do you love about the game of football?
- How it brings people together, and the physicality of it.
What are you looking to achieve as a football player going forward?
- Of course accomplishing my dream of playing in the NFL, but also using my platform to help others.