- Name: Hunter Schultz
- Position: OL
- College: University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh
- Height: 6’0″
- Weight: 300 lbs.
- Twitter: HunnerSchultz
- Instagram: @hunnerschultz
What made you decide you wanted to be a football player?
- My cousin, I remember when I was younger I would spend a lot of my summer days in at my grandparents and we would always throw the football around. He was in high school at the time and I thought it was the coolest thing.
What are you looking to achieve as a football player going forward?
- I am just looking to further my football career in any way possible.
What do you think are the keys to success on the football field?
- High football IQ and awareness coming from watching film and practice. Play with some intensity because football at it’s core is a 1 on 1 game and you have to beat the person across from you. I also believe that confidence is a huge key, when I am playing with confidence, I have no hesitation and always play my best.
What sets you apart from other offensive linemen?
- My versatility, in our offense in college we perform many different blocking schemes and techniques and I was good at performing all of them. I can also play center with no drop in production or performance.
If you could hang out with any football player past or present for a day who and why?
- I would really like to hang out with Brandon Scherff or Quenton Nelson, both great guards in the NFL and they both have unique things in their game that makes them great. I like to see those who are really good at what they do and see what makes them great.
What type of energy do you bring onto the football field?
- I bring intensity and someone who plays to the echo of the whistle.
How do you handle challenges both in life and on the football field?
- I sit back and look at what it is I am truly going up against and make up a plan from there and not let it overwhelm me.
What should we know about Hunter Schultz the person?
- I will give my all to something that I truly care about. I will not quit.
What would a team get in a player like you?
- Someone who will take advantage of whatever role that you give to him and work to always become better and advance in any way possible.
What do you love about the game of football?
- I love the team aspect of it, I love seeing my teammates running down the field, or seeing my quaterback throw a dime down the field. I love the process of getting ready for a game and a season, what happens on gamedays makes the process worth it.
How are you planning to prepare for the draft?
- Work and do the same that has gotten to me this point as a player. Recognize my weaknesses and work on those while hoping to play in a bowl game.
What are your favorite moments from your football life?
- Favorite moment was our win over Whitewater for a share of the conference title and this past year against Stout when we had the game winning touchdown on a 4th and 7.