- Name: Wes Guilford Jr
- Position: Defensive Back
- College: Birmingham Southern College
- Height: 5’11
- Weight: 177
- Twitter: @_TyJr11
- Instagram: @1018wes_
What makes you a top prospect at your position in the 2022 NFL Draft?
- Over the years I’ve put up consistent numbers and was well respected by many head coaches. I believe I possess a certain skill set that is rare in a defensive back.
At what age were you first interested in the sport of football?
- My dad has been coaching since before I was born so I’ve always been around the game since. I got my first set of pads at age 3 and literally slept in them that first night.
What is one thing that NFL teams should know about you?
- You’ll never catch me being the same guy I was yesterday. There’s always something that can be improved tomorrow no matter how good I am. It’s a constant hunger for pushing the limits.
If you could donate to one cause in the world, what would it be?
- Mental health has always been important to me. Since the Covid-19 lockdown, the number of cases have risen. If there is any way possible to be a helping hand, I would love to donate and talk to people so that they understand how important they are to this world.
What is the best advice you have ever received?
- “If God is with me, who can be against me.”
Who was your childhood hero?
- My father, he instilled a lot of life lessons in me that makes me the man I am today.
Who is the most underrated teammate in your locker room at your school?
- Our two safeties are Jimmy Anderson and Carson Walters. They are extremely explosive guys with range, come downhill with vengeance. Gibbs Sharell
What is your biggest pet peeve?
- Not giving your all to the process but wanting to reap the rewards.
Overcoming adversity is what defines character, what was the hardest moment in your life to overcome?
- Losing 7 close friends and family members, that went on to be with God while I was just getting started with college was one of the toughest things to face.
Tell me something about your school and why it is so special to you?
- The culture is unmatched at BSC. From the professors/staff to the good people working in the cafe, there’s always genuine love and smiles here because they want us all to succeed.
What is your favorite snack food?
- Green grapes
What is the best part of football?
- Celebrating the plays with my teammates after all the hard work has been put in. You can never forget the guys who fought alongside.
If you could sell yourself in one sentence what would you say?
- I studied and trained with some of the greatest defensive backs so that I can be the one the greats like them.
If you could compare your play to one player in the NFL who would it be?
- Brent Grimes but current player would be my guy AJ Terrell
If you could have dinner with three people dead or alive, who would it be and why?
- The first would definitely be my grandfather because I never got the chance to meet him. I would love to have a meeting with Jay Z to gain some wisdom from him. And most definitely would be grateful for the opportunity to sit with Nipsey Hussle, one of the most influential artists in the world.