- Name: Esaie Batoula
- Position: LB/S/CB
- College: Clarion University
- Height: 6’3
- Weight: 210
- Twitter: _ejb13_
What makes you a top prospect at your position in the 2022 NFL Draft?
- My versatility and athleticism, I can help a team in so many ways at different positions.
At what age were you first interested in the sport of football?
- 7 Years Old
What is one thing that NFL teams should know about you?
- My work ethic is elite and I am a team first guy who will do whatever it takes to win.
If you could donate to one cause in the world, what would it be?
- I would donate anything to help orphans. That has always been close to my heart and hit close to home.
What is the best advice you have ever received?
- You have the freedom of choice but you do not have the freedom of consequence.
Who was your childhood hero?
- My Mother, she’s my lifelong hero.
Who is the most underrated teammate in your locker room at your school?
- I have to say Kareem Hamdan. He’s the best teammate I’ve had in my college career and plays extremely hard every snap regardless of his size. He’s heard so much negativity and it could’ve been easy for him to quit but he’s made himself into a real player.
What is your biggest pet peeve?
- Someone who doesn’t respect their mother or someone who is selfish.
Overcoming adversity is what defines character, what was the hardest moment in your life to overcome?
- Losing dear friends of mine and many different family situations growing up.
Tell me something about your school and why it is so special to you?
- Clarion helped me grow as an athlete and as a person. I met a ton of amazing people that were so unique and special. I’m blessed because coaches put me in position and gave me opportunities to showcase my talents.
What is your favorite snack food?
- I’m generally a very healthy eater so half of my snacks are either unknown or disgusting. But I have to go with peanut M&M’s if I were to choose one.
What is the best part of football?
- Building character lessons and relationships that last a lifetime. But I love the physicality of the sport, and the opportunity to constantly impose your will on another man over and over. I also love and cherish the mental and physical competition of the game.
If you could sell yourself in one sentence what would you say?
- Relentless in pursuit of greatness.
If you could compare your play to one player in the NFL who would it be?
- Derwin James. He can play all over the field and has that combination of size, speed, and athleticism just like me.
If you could have dinner with three people dead or alive, who would it be and why?
- Family members that passed away before I had a chance to meet them just to talk and get to know them.
- Sean Taylor to gain his perspective and knowledge of the game.
- Martin Luther King Jr., to learn how he so effortlessly brought people together and caused change. Also to know what truly drove him and motivated him.