- Name: Dwayne Boyles
- Position: LB
- College: University of South Florida
- Height: 6’2″
- Weight:228 lbs
- Twitter: @Dreadhead_wayne
- Instagram: @wayne.towers
- What made you decide you wanted to be a football player?
It’s a sport that I just really enjoy and it would be great if I did this for a living. Football has always been apart of my life since I was 6 years old and the sport is very special to me.
2. What should people know about Dwayne Boyles the person?
Dwayne is the type of person who thinks about others more than himself. He always tries to influence others into never giving up and always finding a solution. Dwayne’s work ethic goes beyond the field as well.
3. What type of energy do you bring onto the football field?
I bring an energetic type of energy to the field. I love to make the first hit/play to set off our defense and get the guys rolling. I command the field with authority and I put trust in myself to get guys in the right position to make a play.
4. If you could hang out with any football player past or present for a day who and why?
I would hang out with Sean Taylor. I want to pick his mind on the game of football and I just admire his work ethic for the game. Also, we’re both from the same hometown, Miami.
5. What sets you apart from other linebackers?
My versatility and my IQ sets me apart from other linebackers. I can be a 3-4 pass rushing linebacker, I can stand up to read gap and zone scheme, and I can lineup over slot receivers and tight ends.
6. What is your favorite workout?
My favorite workouts are jump ropes and yoga.
7. What are your favorite things about playing football for South Florida?
My favorite thing about playing for South Florida is the bonds I have made with my teammates and to have them go to battle with me.
8. What are your favorite moments from your football life?
One of my favorite moments from my football life is winning my high school state championship. Another great moment was my first big hit in my first ever college game.
9. How do you prepare for games?
I prepare as the week goes on. I like to start getting a feel of the team the Sunday after a game. I get the scouting report then I focus on tendencies such as the opponent’s plays on certain down & distances. Then I study offensive linemen’s stance and movements to get a beat on what play can be possibly be.
10. What would a team get in a player like you?
A team will get a player who has a great sense of urgency and will influence others by his actions on and off the field.
11. What do you love about the game of football?
I love the connections I make from football and I love the life lessons I’ve learned from both football and being a student-athlete. Learning to balance your life with football, school, relationships, and my happiness.
12. What are you looking forward to in your upcoming season?
I’m looking forward for my teammates and I to prove that we are a great team. I expect for us to shock the world and prove each other right. I’m excited about the explosion we can make this season!