NFL DraftNFL NewsProspect Interviews
2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Mustafa Johnson, DL, University of Colorado
- Name: Mustafa Johnson
- Position: DL
- College: Colorado
- Height: 6′ 1″
- Weight: 285 lbs
- Twitter: @kingstafa_34
- Instagram: @Kingstafa_34
1.What are your favorite moments from your football life?
- My favorite moments are when we played we played Nebraska at home and I got a TFL and that was a really nice play. Also starting off the season at Colorado State and picking up the tackle with my teammate Janaz Jordan. Also the Arizona State game sophomore year I beat a double team and split it and picked up a nice tackle to start the game and that was my first game with my elbow brace.
2.What is your mindset when you are on the football field?
- My mindset is just to have a mean mentality and make a play and be a physical player and dominant player.
3.If you could hang out with any football player past or present for a day who and why?
- It would be Aaron Donald if it was present today. Ray Lewis past I could learn alot from him because of the tenacity he had and style he played.
4.What is your favorite workout?
- Probably benching getting SWOL or doing footwork drills like stuff laterally.
5.What do you think are the keys to success on the football field?
- I think being confident is a big key to success and being violent is a big key for me.
6.What has been your biggest challenge in life?
- Probably overcoming the challenges of the size I have for the position that I play.
7.What sets you apart from other DL?
- My ability to run to the ball and disrupt the play. If you watch the film I’m always trying to get around to the ball.
8.What role do you hope to have if you make it into the NFL?
- Well I would love to put myself in a position to play and things of that nature.
9.What type of energy do you bring onto the football field?
- I bring alot of explosiveness to the field and alot of intense energy and also love to make plays in competition.
10.What would a team get in a player like you?
- A team would get a player that has a high motor and a playmaker. Someone who can help you get a fourth down stop and get a big play.
11.What made you decide you wanted to be a football player?
- Honestly my mom put me in alot of sports and I felt like football was the one. I really love the violence of the game and think this is for me.
12.What were your favorite things about being a football player at Colorado?
- The support we had from the fans and the support from the coaches and teammates as well was really good.