NFL Draft Diamonds Free Agent Interview: Josh Hampton, Running Back
Hello, I am @jrberendzen on Twitter and this is one of my free agent interviews where I ask very deserving free agents questions about the players themselves and about what a team would get in these players. All of these players should get picked up by NFL, CFL, and XFL teams and get a shot at being a career football player. So I hope you all read this interview and follow Josh’s Journey on his Twitter @Joshua_Hampton_
1.What made you decide you wanted to be a football player?
- As a kid I had infinite energy and I wasn’t playing sports. Seeing other friends at the time playing was really what it took. My friend and his mom convinced my mom to let me start playing in 8th grade.
2.What do you hope to achieve as a football player going forward?
- Proving to myself that I am who I say I am and that I can compete with the best! To give hope and showing people to never give up! Lastly, build connections to coach or train players (I’m a personal trainer).
3.If you could hang out with any football player past or present for a day who and why?
- Reggie Bush. The game I broke the rushing record the whole student section was yelling “Reggie” “Reggie” and “Heisman”. I watched him live, his passion for the game was inspirational and watching his play making ability was exciting made me want to do the same stuff on the field. I would just be a sponge just listen to learn about the game and life, how to handle moments he’s been in.
4.What is your favorite workout?
- I like to do football workouts, high intensity, power lifting. I also like to switch it up and do things outside of what I normally do.
5.What do you think are the keys to success on the football field?
- Practice, doing more than we are required to do. Understanding the game and knowing plays. Being in shape physically, getting rest and making sure we’re putting the right stuff in our bodies.
6.What has been your biggest challenge in life?
Finding and fulfilling my purpose. Playing football gives me that. Football holds you to a higher standard where you have to be ready and carry yourself with a certain demeanor on and off the field.
7.What mindset do you bring onto the football field?
- High energy, focused and passion.
8.What sets you apart from other Running backs?
- Versatility, ability to catch ball out of back field and speed.
9.What are your favorite moments from your football life?
- Going undefeated, un scored on (regular season) and winning the championship in 8th grade. Receiving the Walter Payton Roundhouse achievement. Breaking the school rushing record. The article with Jimmy G. Watching my close friend go undrafted to the Jets. Just having a love for the game and the friendships I’ve made from it.
10.What would a team get in a player like you?
- Accountability, leadership, passion, high energy, unconditional love for and respect for everyone. Plus I am a playmaker.
11.What type of energy do you bring onto the football field?
- Fun, and high intensity.
12.What type of role do you hope to have if you make it into the NFL?
- I’d be glad with any and give 120%.