NFL Draft Diamonds Free Agent Interview: Marquill Osborne, Defensive Back
Hello, I am @jrberendzen on Twitter and this is one of my free agent interviews where I ask very deserving free agents questions about the players themselves and about what a team would get in these players. All of these players should get picked up by NFL, CFL, and XFL teams and get a shot at being a career football player. So I hope you all read this interview and follow Marquill’s journey on Twitter @gotfootball3.
1.What do you hope to achieve as a football player going forward?
- My ultimate goal is to play in the NFL , it has always been my dream.
2.What is your mindset when you are on the football field?
- Doing my job and focusing on one play at a time. Doing my job and winning is really my only mindset.
3.Rank focus,footwork and skill based on what is most important to you as a football player and explain why?
- Focus-At the DB position one mistake is a touchdown, so focus is most important.
- Skill-You have to have the skill speed and man to man coverage
- Footwork-Elite Footwork
4.What made you decide you wanted to be a football player?
- Since the beginning, my dad put the football in my hand and motivated me and when I was on the field, it took me to another level, it has always been my happy place.
5.If you could hang out with any football player past or present for a day who and why?
- Josh Dobbs (played with him my freshman year at Tennessee)-His energy is contagious and an he is an overall good person. He gives off an energy that it’s something bigger.
6.What has been your biggest challenge in life?
- A lot of things have been hard, but the hardest was knowing the place you thought was home (Tennessee) was no longer home for me. Knowing better things are in the future and trusting in GODs plan.
7.What do you think are the keys to success on the football field?
- Determination, mental toughness and knowing the play book and doing your job making the fewest mistakes.
8.What is your favorite workout?
- Conditioning is for sure my favorite. It is a crucial part of injury prevention.
9.What are your favorite moments from your football life?
- Making big plays in college and hearing the fans cheer. UT was a huge stadium and was always filled and the energy was something special.
10.What would a team get in a player like you?
- A passionate coachable playmaker, who does their job, helps on special teams and an overall team player.
11.What sets you apart from other players at your position ?
- I feel what sets me apart is my determination and my passion and mental toughness. My never give up mentality.
12.What type of energy do you bring onto the football field?
- A winners mentality. Intense and contagious energy.