- Name: Arturo Galván Jr
- Height: 5‘8 ft
- Weight: 187lbs
- Position: Kicker/Punter
- College: UDLAP
- Twitter: @arthurgalvan
What is the best restaurant in your hometown city?
When breaking down your film what will stick out?
• A different type of Kicker who can run the ball, amazing field awareness, big hitter, and a passionate player. Combo kicker.
If you won the lotto, what is the first thing you would do with the money?
• Invest it. I would buy real estate.
What has been your biggest failure?
• Losing my high school scholarship because of my grades.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• Great leadership, I care about people and I do believe in them, even though they don’t believe in themselves. I go on to know what affects them and how can I help them to believe in themselves.
Who is the hardest working teammate on your team?
• His name is Jean Claude Madin, he played WR, I learned so many things from his work ethic.
Have you ever had a nickname? What is it?
• Everybody calls me by my last name “Galván”.
What is your degree in, if you do not make it as a football player, what is your dream job?
• Bachelor’s in Law, I would love to work in the law system.
What is your coolest life moment?
• I was playing soccer before playing Football so my team went to play the championship game at the Estadio Azteca in Mexico City and I scored the winning goal, but it made it more special because that day was my mother’s birthday and I told her before the game I was going to score and dedicate it to her. I kept my promise.
What song would you sing at Karaoke night?
• El rey by Vicente Fernández
If you could pick any actor to play you in a movie, who are you picking?
• Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, I think he’s an awesome actor.
Check out NFL Draft Diamonds 2021 Small School Rankings
Who is your favorite football team?
• San Francisco 49ers
If you had a warning label, what would yours say?
• The most passionate person in the room.
What is your biggest fear?
• Hurt my loved ones.
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Robert Griffin III, I love his game, he deserves to be a starting QB.
Take us through game day, How do you prepare?
• I would wake up, get into the shower, brush my teeth then go have breakfast, normally I would prefer eating hotcakes with honey and strawberry jelly. I would be drinking electrolytes throughout the morning. I would jump into the field an hour and a half before kickoff, listening to my playlist called “flow in the zone” I would do my stretches and warm up, hit some punts than go into Field Goal and finishing my warmups by doing a few Kickoffs, than I’m ready to start the game.
Do you have any hobbies?
• Yes, I love to read about Mindfulness and metaphysics.
If you had to compare yourself to someone in the NFL, who would that be?
• Julian Edelman, he is the most hard worker in the room and also the most passionate player in the field. He has been doubted since he went into college, but he proved everybody wrong.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My Father, because he showed me the sport I love, he was my first football coach and he has taught me many things such as to be a hard worker, always respect my rivals and to prepare myself to have success.
What motivates you to work hard?
• I’ve got a dream, I want to accomplish it. When I was a little kid my family and I flew to Argentina and we went to the River Plate’s Stadium, there was a soccer ball in the field left there and I went in to kick it, suddenly an old lady appeared out of nowhere and she exclaimed “Este pibe los va a sacar de pobres” which means in English “this boy is gonna raise you from the poor”. I want to make my family proud.