- Name: Will Lydle
- Position: DL
- College: Western Colorado University
- Height: 6′ 1″
- Weight: 285 lbs
- Twitter: @WillLydle
1.If your life was a tv show what would you call it and why?
- The adventures of Bill and the boys and it would be a sports-related show with a lot of comedy.
2.What is your favorite workout?
- Pretty much everything weight room related I’ve come to enjoy lifting a lot.
3.What is your mindset when you are on the football field?
- When I was younger I used to skateboard a lot and when you skateboard you fall on concrete it teaches toughness and persistence you practice a trick over and over again and don’t quit till you get it. I also played soccer in high school which requires creativity when you are dribbling. It has helped me stay creative with pass rushing and has also kept me open to trying new techniques. Those two sports have translated onto the football field for me no matter what happens you just have to dominate every play if a play goes wrong or you miss your assignment you can’t let it get to your head you have to keep going and keep your cool and always try different approaches to each play.
4.What are your favorite moments from your football life?
- I would say our team’s season last year was fun and had its moment that group of guys were a lot of fun to be around and also my senior year of high school we won state and that was a great memory.
Check out NFL Draft Diamonds 2021 Small School Rankings
5.What do you do for fun?
- When winter comes around snowboarding is a lot of fun though for the most part just hanging out with the boys.
6.What do you hope to accomplish if you make it into the NFL?
- A lot of people have dreams of making it to the NFL, and being the best, and winning a super bowl, I would love to have the opportunity to do the same. But recently I have seen a lot of pros start charities either together or by themselves. I think it would be great to use that platform to do the same.
7.If you could live anywhere in the world where and why?
- Probably Japan but I love living in Colorado mostly because of wintertime I like the colder weather there is a lot of things to do outdoors too, though Japan has that too Colorado is much closer to my family and everyone I know.
8.What made you decide you wanted to be a football player?
- My brother played at San Angelo State a division two in Texas so I knew I wanted to play at some point but I didn’t get started until middle school so far it’s been a lot of fun.
9.What has been your biggest challenge in life?
- In my senior year, I broke my ankle and missed the whole season the way it happened taught me a lesson. I also feel I let a lot of people down, it sure changed me. I don’t really consider it a challenge but more of a lesson.
10. What would a team get in a player like you?
- Someone who is open to learning and will play whatever position they are needed at.
11.How has your experience as a Western Colorado University Mountaineers football player been?
- Its been a challenge but as a team we have gotten better every single year I wouldn’t trade my experience here for anything.
12.If you could hang out with any football player past or present for a day who and why?
- It would obviously be my teammate Ty Leyba he’s a great guy but besides him, I would say Ricky Williams or Vince Young. I grew up watching those two a lot both of my parents were texas alums and I enjoyed the way they played.