- Name: Weston Bridges
- Height: 5’11
- Weight: 214
- Position: RB/Slot WR
- College: Ashland University 2020- Present. Michigan State University 2017-2020.
- Twitter: @iwestonbridges, same as Instagram.
What is the best restaurant in your hometown city?
When breaking down your film what will stick out?
• Three down back with great vision and speed. Can catch and line up at wide receiver as well. Good feet, great jump cut, and quick burst is there as well.
If you won the lotto, what is the first thing you would do with the money?
• Invest it in stocks, then help my sisters out. After that help my parents out. Spend some for me and put the rest up.
What has been your biggest failure?
• I wouldn’t say I’ve had any big failures, but I’ve had huge disappointments. My career at Michigan State didn’t pin out how I wanted it to. Just can’t wait to show the world what I’m capable of.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• Hard working, relentless, cooperative, and humorous.
Who is the hardest working teammate on your team?
• Hard to say because I’ve been on my new team for only about three months (Ashland). The hardest working teammate I’ve been around though was defensive end Kenny Willekes, who now plays for the Minnesota Vikings.
Have you ever had a nickname? What is it?
Yes, and many people call me West or Wes B.
What is your degree in, if you do not make it as a football player, what is your dream job?
• Sports Communications and still deciding on a minor. If I don’t make it as a football player, I would love to become a coach at the highest collegiate level. Also, get into real estate as well. Love to talk about sports, so I could see myself on a sports talk show one day.
What is your coolest life moment?
• My first scholarship offer from the University of Akron, my Junior year of high school.
What song would you sing at Karaoke night?
• Any Chris Brown song honestly.
Check out NFL Draft Diamonds 2021 Small School Rankings
If you could pick any actor to play you in a movie, who are you picking?
• Mike Epps.
Who is your favorite football team?
• Baltimore Ravens.
If you had a warning label, what would yours say?
• Don’t Underestimate Me.
What is your biggest fear?
• My biggest fear is honestly failing in life and not changing the generational wealth for my family.
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Darius Slay. Top 5 corner and doesn’t get talked about enough.
Take us through game day, How do you prepare?
• Honestly I tried to be relaxed on game day, keep my mind right at all times. Listen to a lot of gospel music. I try not to over eat on game day, need the body to feel just right. The main thing for me on game day is to just stay locked in.
Do you have any hobbies?
• Play the drums, read books often. I listen to a lot of music as well during my free time and I love to learn about new things all the time.
If you had to compare yourself to someone in the NFL, who would that be?
• Miles Sanders. A three-down back who can pretty much do everything. Great feet, vision, speed, and jump cut. Can also catch the ball out the backfield as well. I can bring those things to the table also.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
My father and the reason for this is because he never allows me to be satisfied with anything. My father keeps me going and he always pushing me every day. He doesn’t tell me what I want to hear, he always tells me what I need to hear and for that, I will always be grateful for him. I honestly don’t know where I’d be if I didn’t have my father.
What motivates you to work hard?
Honestly, myself. I’ve been through enough in my life to understand I don’t want my kids to have the same life I did. I don’t want to be like the other kids. I want to be successful, I want to change my family’s life forever. Show my nieces and nephews you can do anything despite your living situation. When I die I want to be remembered forever. I want my jersey hung up in the rafters, and I want to leave my name in a better place and that’s what motivates me to work hard.