- Name: Tyquell Fields
- Height: 6’2
- Weight: 198
- Position: Quarterback
- College: Stony Brook University
- Twitter: @TyquellFields
What is the best restaurant in your hometown city?
• The best restaurant in my hometown city is probably the “Pizza Barn”. You can get the biggest slices of pizza there.
When breaking down your film what will stick out?
• When breaking down my film, my ability to create plays will, my ability to throw the deep ball, arm talent, and the ability to perform in a clutch situation.
If you won the lotto, what is the first thing you would do with the money?
• The first thing I would do with the money is buy my mom a new house and car. That has always been something I wanted to do for her.
What has been your biggest failure?
• My biggest failure or something that comes close to that is not being fully committed to academics my freshman year of high school because I know I was better than what I was doing back then. Now I’m a excellent college student.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My teammates think I’m the funniest person to walk the planet.
Who is the hardest working teammate on your team?
• Sam Kamara is probably the hardest worker. I knew that when we came in for freshman workouts. Dude is something else.
Have you ever had a nickname? What is it?
• Some people call me Ty or Quell.
What is your degree in, if you do not make it as a football player, what is your dream job?
• Multidisciplinary studies. I want to be able to open up my own athletic facility eventually and pass down my knowledge to the youth.
What is your coolest life moment?
• My coolest life moment is when me and my high school friends went to Panama City beach for spring break weekend.
What song would you sing at Karaoke night?
• When I see you by Fantasia.
If you could pick any actor to play you in a movie, who are you picking?
• Will Smith
Check out NFL Draft Diamonds 2021 Small School Rankings
Who is your favorite football team?
If you had a warning label, what would yours say?
• “Beware of the comedian”
What is your biggest fear?
• Losing my parents
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Adam Thielen BUT Deshaun Watson deserves a better rating in madden lol.
Take us through game day, How do you prepare?
• On game day I try to stay as relaxed as possible. I listen to calm music and some instrumentals to get in the zone. I think about my WHY. Why did I start playing football, who am I playing for other than myself. I walk up and down my teams sideline twice end zone to end zone then when the full team gets to the sideline during the coin toss, I’ll say a prayer with the QB group.
Do you have any hobbies?
• I like to write. I write in a journal just basically telling my story and what I’ve been through throughout my life. It helps me reflect and get things off my mind.
If you had to compare yourself to someone in the NFL, who would that be?
• I would say Deshaun Watson because he is able to make plays and perform in clutch moments. We have a similar build also.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• The biggest influence on my life is my mother because I’ve seen her struggle and she has taught me to never give up and chase what I want. She has made me a strong independent man.
What motivates you to work hard?
• My family motivates me to work hard. I want them to have a better life and future. My teammates Alamo motivate me because I play for them as well. When you bleed, sweat and work together you build a different type of brotherly love and that goes a long way.