- Name: Trey Murray
- Height: 6010
- Weight: 195
- Position: Safety
- College: Savannah State University
- Twitter: @PositiveVibe247
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I’m from a small town call Smoaks, SC located In Colleton. Colleton, where I’m from the people feel and look the same because we are. Nobody thinks or feels they are better than the next everyone is family
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning, and Practice?
• The most important thing to me in football is studying film because if you watch enough film you really get to know your opponent which Sometimes outweighs your skills and ability when you know what your opponent is about to do before it happens. Next, I have to practice because my dad told me a long time ago son football is like life. It requires perseverance, self-denial, hard work, sacrifice, dedication, and respect. Finally strength and conditioning this is the key to good performance and longevity not only in football but life and health.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I used to always worry about when my football career is over what would be next, but I realize now that I had to stop worrying about what could go wrong and I got excited about what can go right.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My teammates would say my best qualities are my personality and my ability to get along with everyone because as a great teammate you focus on developing real relationships with all players on the team.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Kyle Dugger is the best player I ever played against even though he played defense and I played defense I never saw a player as versatile as him on special teams than this guy he is to be a heck of an NFL player.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• If I couldn’t play football I would probably be a football coach it’s even hard to imagine not being around football, so I probably would have been a football coach or football agent.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• Room first thing you do when you wake up
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• It depends on how old the strangers were, like If they were kids or not.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• My most recent biggest Adversity to me was leaving Catawba as a three year starter & transfering to Savannah-state as non scholarship player nobody really knew me or what my talents were and what I was capable of, and I began at 4th string So I dealt with this by praying for great outcomes & kept God first every step of the way, and I was working out 2-3 times some days as well, now our coaches talking about me starting this upcoming season. So I can just say blessed
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• In middle school basketball game I shot a air ball at the free throw line
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• Most memorable play was against Winston, I Force a fumble and picked the ball up and scored as well
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Lil Baby sum 2 prove, Polo G be something
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My best friend Ja’keem Pinckney to let see him see how far I done came
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Most underrated Justin Simmons
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• I would rather be respected and that’s just bc of how I been brought up, plus it’s impossible for everyone to like you, somebody in the world will have their differences so I would rather be respected
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• I love to win, & hate to lose I have great sportsmanship so when the game is over I’ve learned to accept the outcome and prepare for the next
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• First, I would say God has been the biggest impact influenced on my life, bc he has brought me up in a praying family that believes in him strongly and taught me too as well. Also another big impact influenced on my life was Head coach Shawn Quinn for giving me my shot at Savannahstate, I saw how he treated his players, and how tries to get to know each one of his players, and how he is strictly about his business when it’s time.