- Name: Tim Walton
- Height: 6’2
- Weight: 240
- Position: ILB/OLB/DE
- College: Texas Southern University by way of Syracuse University
- Twitter: @__walt2x
What is the best restaurant in your hometown city?
• Kuzzo’s chicken and waffles is undefeated in Detroit, MI
When breaking down your film what will stick out?
• My Technique and my relentless effort to the ball even when the play is on the other side of the field.
If you won the lotto, what is the first thing you would do with the money?
• Invest in bigger more expensive businesses
What has been your biggest failure?
• When I first started my college career there was a period of time where I struggled with doubting myself. I began believing that others were truly better than me and deserved better opportunities than me.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• Knowing my assignments and alignments which makes my teammates so much more comfortable playing next to me on the field because they know I’m going to do my 1/11th at full speed.
Who is the hardest working teammate on your team?
• Honestly, it’s a never-ending competition between the players on our team. We all strive to work harder than the next man over. I’m never going to let a man out work me, and I know I’m not the only person with that mindset on my team. So if you ask me I’m going to say myself.
Have you ever had a nickname? What is it?
• A few of my close friends call me Walt but most just call me Tim.
What is your degree in, if you do not make it as a football player, what is your dream job?
• I received my B.A in psychology, and I’m currently pursuing my master’s in sports management. Should I not make it as a football player, I have always been drawn to being a psychologist. So I would use my degrees to pursue being a sports psychologist.
What is your coolest life moment?
• Being able to graduate college in three years and walk across the stage in front of my family and close friends
What song would you sing at Karaoke night?
• Alicia Keys – “You don’t know my name”
Check out NFL Draft Diamonds 2021 Small School Rankings
If you could pick any actor to play you in a movie, who are you picking?
• I’m definitely going to have to choose Denzel Washington. If you’re curious why I picked Denzel, just watch “Training day”.
Who is your favorite football team?
• The Ravens
If you had a warning label, what would yours say?
• Warning “Might start rapping if given a sick beat.”
What is your biggest fear?
• Failure, not becoming successful in life, and not evolving into the best me.
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Definitely would have to say Keenan Allen.
Take us through game day, How do you prepare?
• I thank god for waking me up, I reread over notes, game plans, and scouting reports, and right before the game begins I thank god again for things I’m going to do on the field today.
Do you have any hobbies?
• You can definitely catch me on the basketball court shooting 3’s and giving out free lessons.
If you had to compare yourself to someone in the NFL, who would that be?
• I would compare myself to Mike Singletary, I may not be the biggest, tallest, or fastest but I bet you won’t outwork me.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My mother has always been my biggest influencer. She is the reason I think the way I think, move the way I move and behave the way I behave. She and my father groomed me into the hardworking dedicated man I am today.
What motivates you to work hard?
• Fear of being Mediocre and being lost in the pack.