- Name: Matt Hodges
- Height: 6’1”
- Weight: 225
- Position: LB
- College: Norfolk State University
- Twitter: @MattHodges50
What is the best restaurant in your hometown city?
• Croaker Spot
When breaking down your film what will stick out?
• Nose for the football, I’m always around the ball, whether I’m making the tackle or in pursuit. And I’m fast so my urgency to make plays.
If you won the lotto, what is the first thing you would do with the money?
• Invest it, then buy Groceries
What has been your biggest failure?
• I don’t fail, I learn from my mistakes and make adjustments.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• That I’m uplifting, and I’m willing to do whatever to help the team succeed. And I’m wise. Or I’m strong and Built crazy.
Who is the hardest working teammate on your team?
• Me, I’m always the hardest worker in the room.
Have you ever had a nickname? What is it?
• Now, I mainly go by Matt. My brother calls me Bam (short for Bam-Bam) sometimes, and my mother has many nicknames for me. In high school, some people called me Robocop.
Check out NFL Draft Diamonds 2021 Small School Rankings
What is your degree in, if you do not make it as a football player, what is your dream job?
• My Degree is in Sociology, Football is my dream job and I believe wholeheartedly that I will make it as such. On the other hand, I am Pursuing degrees and certifications in Sports Psychology.
What is your coolest life moment?
• My coolest life moment is being able to be on the same field and backfield with my older brother and also playing in front of a packed/sold-out stadium.
What song would you sing at Karaoke night?
• Either children’s story by Slick Rick or Many Men by 50 Cent.
If you could pick any actor to play you in a movie, who are you picking?
• Chadwick Boseman. Or Darius McCrary just becomes growing up, people would always say that I look a lot like him.
Who is your favorite football team?
• Cowboys, but I’ve grown to fall in love with Defenses rather than just one team
If you had a warning label, what would yours say?
• Beware of Dawg
What is your biggest fear?
• “Fear doesn’t exist in my heart” – Deontay Wilder. When you truly believe in GOD and Jesus Christ, there is no such thing as fear.
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Mack Wilson
Take us through game day, How do you prepare?
• Eat, hydrate, listen to some meek mill, Rick Ross, and 50 cent, meditate while I get a light warmup in alone before we actually go out and warm up as a team.
Do you have any hobbies?
• Meditation, train, study football, train, Netflix, YouTube, and train.
If you had to compare yourself to someone in the NFL, who would that be?
• I wouldn’t compare myself to anyone. Of course, you look up to guys and may take a few moves or techniques from their game and cater it to your own, but I want to be the best ME.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• GOD, because with him nothing is possible. He’s the provider
What motivates you to work hard?
• My family motivates me. I am a good self-motivator, but to understand how much my parents and the rest of my family have done and sacrificed for me to be in this position just lights and extra flame under me.