- Name: Ian Fryday
- Height: 6’2
- Weight: 235
- Position: Tight End/H-Back
- College: Adams State University
- Twitter: @ian_fryday
What is the best restaurant in your hometown city?
• Sayulitas (San Marcos, California)
When breaking down your film what will stick out?
• My ability to catch the ball, as well as block.
If you won the lotto, what is the first thing you would do with the money?
• Buy a few pairs of Jordan’s and then Invest!!!!!
What has been your biggest failure?
• Getting a speeding ticket when I was 17.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• Lead by example, I will show up day in and day out and get the work done. My teammates know I am not the vocal type, but I will show up and win everyday.
Who is the hardest working teammate on your team?
• We have a lot of guys on the team that are warriors!
Have you ever had a nickname? What is it?
• 4th & Fryday
Check out NFL Draft Diamonds 2021 Small School Rankings
What is your degree in, if you do not make it as a football player, what is your dream job?
• I am pursuing a degree in Business Management as well as working on my Master’s in Leadership Strategies. I plan on becoming a firefighter and continue to live in Southern California.
What is your coolest life moment?
• Definitely where my nickname came from, I scored a game-winning touchdown my senior year of high school on 4th down.
What song would you sing at Karaoke night?
• Country Girl by Luke Bryan
If you could pick any actor to play you in a movie, who are you picking?
• Mark Wahlberg
Who is your favorite football team?
• Los Angeles Chargers
What is your biggest fear?
• Reptiles, especially snakes
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Fred Warner definitely
Take us through game day, How do you prepare?
• I am pretty mellow, my high school coach always said that if you don’t picture yourself making the play then you never will. So I imagine myself making huge plays and succeeding.
Do you have any hobbies?
• I am an avid gamer, especially in NBA2k. I have a pretty competitive pickup basketball group I play with as well (SBL). And I am very close with my family so just spending time with them whether it’s board games, movies, jacuzzi sessions.
If you had to compare yourself to someone in the NFL, who would that be?
• He is currently a Free Agent I believe, but Delanie Walker, I am very undersized for my spot but still manage to be successful.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• Both my parents. They have sacrificed so much for both my sister and I going to different camps, tournaments, training sessions, etc. Whatever it was when it came to sports, no was never an option, and they would manage to make it work somehow.
What motivates you to work hard?
• Both of my parents, like I said seeing how much they sacrificed for me when it came to doing anything, especially in sports. I want to give my children the same thing that they continue to give me to this day. For example, in order to continue training during quarantine, I would drive an 1 hour and 15 minutes up to Huntington Beach to run routes and lift with NFL players. I had to fill up on gas weekly and not once did either of my parents come to me and say I was costing them too much or anything.