- Name: Amaechi Konkwo
- Height: 6’2
- Weight: 235
- Position: DE
- College: Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (RPI)
- Twitter: @akonkwo
What is the best restaurant in your hometown city?
• French and Southern
When breaking down your film what will stick out?
• My high motor, tenacious pass rush, and ability to impact plays without being the tackler.
If you won the lotto, what is the first thing you would do with the money?
• Set money aside for student loans, then invest the rest into real estate.
What has been your biggest failure?
• Anytime I don’t perform to the standard I set for myself.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• That I lead by example, have a high football IQ, and hold myself to a higher standard than others.
Who is the hardest working teammate on your team?
• From 2019-2020, Grant Tragni, hands down. For 2020, Kenny Schrader. Shoutout to my dawgs!
Check out NFL Draft Diamonds 2021 Small School Rankings
Have you ever had a nickname? What is it?
• “The Guy”, “Talk of the Town”, “Nigerian Nightmare”, “Nigerian NightTrain”
What is your degree in, if you do not make it as a football player, what is your dream job?
• Computer and Systems Engineering, and Computer Science. My dream job is to become a software engineer or software developer.
What is your coolest life moment?
• RPI beating Brockport in the 2019 playoffs after being counted out by everybody.
What song would you sing at Karaoke night?
• She Ain’t You – Chris Brown
If you could pick any actor to play you in a movie, who are you picking?
• John Boyega
Who is your favorite football team?
• The Washington Football Team
If you had a warning label, what would yours say?
• Beware of Constant Laughter
What is your biggest fear?
• Anything that prevents me from living life to its fullest.
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Chandler Jones
Take us through game day, How do you prepare?
• I wake up and start listening to my game day playlist. Go to team breakfast then come back to my room and change into a t-shirt and sweats/shorts. Get to the locker room and change into lifting clothes. Then walk across the field to the training room where I get in the warm tub for 15 minutes and stretch. Then walk back across the field to the locker room, get dressed, and then I’m ready to play.
Do you have any hobbies?
• I like to cook, play video games, and listen to music.
If you had to compare yourself to someone in the NFL, who would that be?
• Yannick Ngakoue or Dante Fowler
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My parents are my biggest influence in life because they’ve always pushed me to do my best in everything I do, and I enjoy making them proud.
What motivates you to work hard?
• Anybody who believes in me, supports me, or wants to see me succeed motivates me.