- Name: Rashaad Jenkins
- Height: 5’11”
- Weight: 180
- Position: Safety
- College: Jackson State university
- Twitter: @Rashaad_jenkins
What is the best restaurant in your hometown city?
• In my opinion the best restaurant is chimes
When breaking down your film what will stick out?
• When breaking down my film I believe everything will stick out from being a sure tackler, to making plays, and hustling to the football play after play.
If you won the lotto, what is the first thing you would do with the money?
• The First thing I would do is buy my parent’s homes because they have done so much for me that I’m grateful for.
What has been your biggest failure?
• My biggest failure is not winning more than 5 games in my college career knowing I’ve been on teams that are more than capable of doing that and I know that will change this upcoming season
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My teammates would say my best quality is being a hard worker day in and day out. Not only on Saturday’s, but during the week at practice and in the weight room.
Who is the hardest working teammate on your team?
• I feel like I am the hardest working teammate and it shows in all aspects. This past spring I won the Iron tiger award, the Top tiger, and finished at the top elite 11 on the team. The iron tiger is given to the strongest on the team, Top tiger recognizes the student-athlete that displayed a spirit of fearlessness and unwavering tiger pride, and the Elite 11 is awarded to players who consistently exemplified leadership characteristics of a true student-athlete.
Have you ever had a nickname? What is it?
• Everybody calls me shaad
What is your degree in, if you do not make it as a football player, what is your dream job?
• My degree is in civil engineering and my dream job is being the head professional engineer of my own engineering firm
What is your coolest life moment?
• My coolest life moment is jet skiing on South Beach in Miami
What song would you sing at Karaoke night?
• Weak by SWV
Who is your favorite football team?
• I’ve always been a Cowboys fan since I was little
Check out NFL Draft Diamonds 2021 Small School Rankings
If you had a warning label, what would yours say?
• My warning label would say goofy
What is your biggest fear?
• My biggest fear is failure
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Most underrated player is Bears safety, Eddie Jackson
Take us through game day, How do you prepare?
• The First song I turn on is Jesus is Real by John P. Kee and have my same playlist on shuffle from there, get to the stadium walk the field and pray at the goalpost, get dressed and stretch and go from there.
Do you have any hobbies?
• My hobbies are listening to different genres of music to get a different feeling or just to find a new artist I like.
If you had to compare yourself to someone in the NFL, who would that be?
• I would compare myself to Kevin Byard another small school guy who always finds the ball and is a sure tackler.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• The biggest influence in my life are my parents Shawn Jenkins and Debbie Sands. They have supported, pushed, and encouraged me throughout this whole journey and I know I have made them proud and want to continue to make them proud.
What motivates you to work hard?
• What motivates me to work hard was that I was always overlooked and counted out. That has been my chip on my shoulder and has allowed me to exceed expectations and continue to strive to get better and push to be great. Also my friends like TJ Wisham who I consider a brother that encourages me and vice versa because we have always fed off of each other and other guys too.