2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Perre’ Barbarin, RB, University of St. Francis
- Name: Perre’ Barbarin
- Height: 5’7
- Weight: 215
- Position: Running Back
- College: University of St. Francis (Joliet, Illinois)
- Twitter: @golen_7
What is the best restaurant in your hometown city?
• Cajuns Seafood, in New Orleans, Louisiana.
When breaking down your film what will stick out?
• My vision, power, patience, breakaway speed, pass protection, ability to catch out of the backfield, and awareness.
If you won the lotto, what is the first thing you would do with the money?
• If I won the lotto, I would first put some money aside to help my family financially because we are poor, underclass citizens.
What has been your biggest failure?
• My biggest failure has to be me failing to spend more time with my grandmother before she passed away last year.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My carefulness. I am a very careful person because I care for everyone and treat them with love and respect all the time. Solely because that’s how I was raised growing up.
Who is the hardest working teammate on your team?
• My hardest working teammate is Heithon Hurdle. He is our safety/corner and I’ve never seen him take a day off. He is always worker in and offseason.
Have you ever had a nickname? What is it?
• My family calls me Pop and my friends call me King P.
What is your degree in, if you do not make it as a football player, what is your dream job?
• I am studying Marketing and my dream job is to either do things along radio and television or advertising.
Check out NFL Draft Diamonds 2021 Small School Rankings
What is your coolest life moment?
• I have many cool life moments, but one of my top coolest life moment has to be when I hit the game winning grand slam as a kid to take my team to the Little League World Series in Disney World.What song would you sing at Karaoke night?
• “Can You Stand The Rain” by New Edition.
If you could pick any actor to play you in a movie, who are you picking? • I would pick Michael B. Jordan to play me in a movie. Solely because we are about the same skin tone and he would attract an audience to see the movie because of his rep as an actor.
Who is your favorite football team?
• The New Orleans Saints
If you had a warning label, what would yours say?
• I am very hard to make angry and I am emotional.
What is your biggest fear?
• My biggest fear is to not succeed in life.
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• The most underrated player in the NFL is Taysom Hill, for the New Orleans Saints, because he is literally an all around player and he doesn’t receive enough credit for doing what he do in the NFL. His primary position is QB but he plays every position on Offense and Special Teams.
Take us through game day, How do you prepare?
• On game day, I eat me a good meal, listen to music, read my pregame messages from my mother and my friend, and I pray.
Do you have any hobbies?
• I love to play baseball, basketball, hangout with my family and friends, play video games, and watch movies.
If you had to compare yourself to someone in the NFL, who would that be?
• Either Pierre Thomas, Mark Ingram, Marshawn Lynch, or Maurice Jones-Drew. I say this because I have been compared to these running backs based on my running style. Just like them, I may not be the fastest or the biggest, but I am versatile, powerful, and have breakaway speed. I am the definition of a balanced running back.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My father has been my biggest influence because of all that he has been through growing up to get him to where he is now as a man. He has kept me away from the wrong path because of his experiences in life so I do not have to experience those same mistakes. He has taught me to be a man of God most importantly and God has gotten us through everything.
What motivates you to work hard?• Success is what motivates me to work hard. I want to be successful enough to provide for my family and give back to my community and those that have led me along my path.