- Name: Jeremiah Gutierrez
- Position: Nickel/Safety
- College: Chadron State University
- Height: 5′ 9″
- Weight: 180 lbs
1. How has your experience as a Chadron State Eagles football player been?
- My experience as an Eagle has been amazing! The amount of support our organization gets from the community is astounding. The culture here is something you’d want to buy into. We attack every day!
2.What has been your biggest challenge in life?
- My biggest challenge in life has been overcoming the lifestyle that was embedded in us minorities. What we are shown through various media platforms every day!
3.What is your mindset when you are on the football field?
- I have a very competitive mindset on the football field as I do in any other field. My first thoughts are formation and play recognition and how the offense may try to attack based on alignment and what I’m showing the eye in the sky (their OC in the press box).
4.What is your favorite workout?
- If I had to choose one workout to be my favorite I’d choose yoga!
5.What are your favorite moments from your football life?
- My favorite moments in my football life is celebrating victoriously with the guys I worked hard with. Put in blood, sweat, and tears with! Overtime with!!!
6.If you could live anywhere in the world where and why?
- I’d live anywhere in the world as long as I’m with my family and we’re comfortable and safe.
7.What do you do for fun?
- I like to hike and play COD for fun.
Check out NFL Draft Diamond 2021 Small School Rankings
8.What made you decide you wanted to be a football player?
- Football chose me.
9.If your life was a tv show what would you call it and why?
- If my life was a TV show I’d call it Real, Rare, Raw & Authentic. I’d title it this because I believe I offer a side of me that majority shy away from. I’m not afraid of being different, making mistakes, or my daily challenges. I embrace it!! It’s what makes me so significant from others. And most importantly, I’m not afraid to admit when I may be wrong or at fault. I feel like now & days people try their best to filter themselves and turn a blind eye to their insecurities to try and forget them. I like to face my insecurities head on challenging myself.
10.What would a team get in a player like you?
- Leader, hard worker, team player, dedication, determination, discipline. In conclusion, an all-around athlete that will step up wherever help is needed whenever it is needed! Someone that’s not afraid to step out of their comfort zone and compete. Yeah, that’s what they’ll get!
11.What do you hope to accomplish if you make it into the NFL?
- To become one of the best most fearless defensive backs to ever play the game of football!
12.If you could hang out with any football player past or present for a day who and why?
- I would gladly choose Sean Taylor. He’s been an aspiring defensive back that I’ve looked up to since a kid.