• Name: Isaiah Barnes aka “Rocky”
• Height: 6’4
• Weight: 220
• Position: Slot Receiver
• College: The University of Texas of The Permian Basin
What is the best restaurant in your hometown city?
- Hands down, Norms is the best restaurant in my hometown. I am a huge french toast guy and they do it right.
When breaking down your film what will stick out?
- When breaking down my film you will see my want and hunger for the ball. My ability to adjust to the ball and break tackles. You will see that I never give up on a play and that I leave all out there on the field.
If you won the lotto, what is the first thing you would do with the money?
- If I won the lottery I would first hire a financial adviser to figure out the best ways to invest my money. Otherwise, I would probably burn through it all within that month.
What has been your biggest failure?
- My biggest failure is probably putting a cap on what I believed was possible at times. I used to talk myself out of things that I wanted to do or try because someone else could do it better. I now know that trying is the first step to being that person who could do it better.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
- My teammates think that my positive way of thinking and encouragement is my best quality. No matter what the situation may be I always try to keep an optimistic mindset.
Who is the hardest working teammate on your team?
- The hardest working teammate this past year was Chris Hoad. He was the first in meetings, first in the training rooms at 5 am and last on the field. He never had much to say, but everyone gave him respect. His actions were always louder than his words. I hope to be remembered in the same light I remember him as.
Have you ever had a nickname? What is it?
- My nickname is Rocky. My dad began calling me that from a young age but it finally stuck in my college years.
What is your degree in, if you do not make it as a football player, what is your dream job?
- My degree is in psychology and my minor is in business management. I dream of owning a business that helps aid people in some way. I am just not sure which specific way I want to go; whether it is in the athletic world or medical.
Check out NFL Draft Diamonds 2021 Small School Rankings
What is your coolest life moment?
- My coolest life moment took place on my 21st birthday when my best friend and I decided to go skydiving.
What song would you sing at Karaoke night?
- Roses by Outkast
If you could pick any actor to play you in a movie, who are you picking?
- Will Smith
Who is your favorite football team?
- I don’t have a favorite team, I have favorite players. I love to watch film on Jerry Rice, Julio Jones, Calvin Johnson, and Travis Kelce. I try to replicate their game and hope to be as great as all of them.
If you had a warning label, what would yours say?
- Warning! Big Body coming through, back up.
What is your biggest fear?
- My biggest fear is not doing enough to succeed in the things I set my mind on. There’s nothing worse than wishing I did more after I had failed.
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
- The most underrated player in the NFL is Adam Thielen. His journey to the NFL is amazing and what he has done consistently over the years in the league seems to be widely under-recognized.
Take us through game day, How do you prepare?
- On game day I go to the training room earlier in the day to stretch and listen to music. I make sure all of my gear is right and fitted correctly and always end with a prayer thanking God for the opportunity.
Do you have any hobbies?
- I love playing basketball, video games, and hiking in my free time.
If you had to compare yourself to someone in the NFL, who would that be?
- I would compare myself with Mike Evans because of our big bodies, strength, and strong reliable hands.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
- My parents have been the biggest influence on my life. They are very hard workers and know-how to provide. I want to be able to do as they do and so much more. They have set important guidelines in place for me.
What motivates you to work hard?
- My family and teammates motivate me to work hard, but it is mostly the constant competition with myself.