- Name: Benjamin Niesner
- Height: 6 ft
- Weight: 195
- Position: Punter
- College: Valparaiso University
- Twitter: @bniesner
What is the best restaurant in your hometown city?
• Ginos Italian Restaurant
When breaking down your film what will stick out?
• Something that sticks out for me is my ability to hit 5 different types of punts in a game. I think that makes me unique is my variety.
If you won the lotto, what is the first thing you would do with the money?
• Put it into savings and take my Mom on a shopping spree.
What has been your biggest failure?
• My biggest failure was deciding not to play high school football. I never played in high school and feel like my journey would be a lot different if I had even more experience. But thats what makes me unique is that my first year of football was on a D1 team.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My strong work ethic and discipline.
Who is the hardest working teammate on your team?
• Doug Haugh, he pushes everyone, is very discipline and would do anything to improve the team.
Have you ever had a nickname? What is it?
• Benji has been my nickname my whole life.
What is your degree in, if you do not make it as a football player, what is your dream job?
• My degree is Individualized with a minor in Coaching. I want to become a special teams coach after my playing time is over.
What is your coolest life moment?
• Being able to play at Oregon in front of 43,000 people and making my Mom and Dad cry because of how proud they were of me.
What song would you sing at Karaoke night?
• Margaritaville by Jimmy Buffet
If you could pick any actor to play you in a movie, who are you picking?
• Leonardo Dicaprio
Check out NFL Draft Diamonds 2021 Small School Rankings
Who is your favorite football team?
• Seattle Seahawks
If you had a warning label, what would yours say?
• Ultra competitive
What is your biggest fear?
• Losing any family I am close to.
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Ty Long because of his ability to perform all three types of kicks and perform to the highest ability every game. People don’t know how hard that is.
Take us through game day, How do you prepare?
• Typically on game day I try to stay as calm as I can, I usually get to the field, get dressed early, go out once by myself and go through my warmup. Then I will go back to the locker room, stretch, visualize the game and hangout. Once the team is ready I will go out for specialist period and run through another warmup, and once more when the whole team gets onto the field. Game Day for me is honestly about staying loose and being in my own zone.
Do you have any hobbies?
• Photography is a big hobby of mine, I have actually taken pictures for Marshawn Lynch before.
If you had to compare yourself to someone in the NFL, who would that be?
• I would compare myself to Ty Long the punter for the Chargers because we have similar form and play styles.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My Dad has been the biggest influence because of his work ethic and drive to be the best at what he does.
What motivates you to work hard?
• Wanting to reach all my goals and be able to represent and make my family proud. Never playing high school football I feel like I am a couple years skill wise behind guys who have. So thats why I always push myself everyday because I know I can become the best.