- Name: Justin Growel
- Height: 6040
- Weight: 260
- Position: DE/DT
- College: Lake Erie College
- Twitter: @jgothejuice
What is the best restaurant in your hometown city?
• Princess Cafe (steak skillet)
When breaking down your film what will stick out?
• You will first notice my motor, I pride myself on that no one on any field will out work or out-hustle me. You will see a very Explosive player who plays angry, but because of the lack of experience does still has a ton of room to improve.
If you won the lotto, what is the first thing you would do with the money?
• Buy my Mom a house wherever she wants.
What has been your biggest failure?
• What feels like my biggest failure has to be my basketball career. I was a top-50 player as a sophomore in Wisconsin. I was a lengthy point guard that would hound the opponent full court, I would get a ton of steals and points in the paint but never could develop a consistent jump shot so I realized that wasn’t my future and finally joined football senior year.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My teammates would talk about my non-stop motor, they might say it gets a bit annoying.
Who is the hardest working teammate on your team?
• We had a freshman last year named Michael Cox, now he didn’t get much to any playing time, but he didn’t care. Rain, snow, hail I knew he was always behind me every drill working his hardest alongside. Those are the kids that make up a great team.
Have you ever had a nickname? What is it?
• They call me the Granimal at Lake Erie. Because of my last name, I guess, but it just sounds the animal cracker.
What is your degree in, if you do not make it as a football player, what is your dream job?
• I major in Marketing and Entrepreneurship, I plan on partnering with my brother and creating a sports facility that does everything from training to representing to financial management.
What is your coolest life moment?
• Coolest life moment was being able to tell my mom she wouldn’t have to find a way to pay for my college.
Make sure you check out Jr. DL Justin Growel of Lake Erie College Junior season highlights on the website. This kid has it all and definitely deserves a shot at the next level… TALENT HAS NO DIVISION #talenthasnodivision @LAKEERIEFBALL @LakeErieStorm pic.twitter.com/lIakrLKccv— Highly Underrated Sports (@HiUndrratdSprts) December 13, 2019
Who is your favorite football team?
• Green Bay Packers
Check out other NFL Draft Prospect Interviews on Draft Diamonds
What is your biggest fear?
• Not being able to provide the best life for my future wife and family.
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Aaron Jones, he can do it all out the backfield and is weirdly adept at setting up blocks and finding the hole.
Take us through game day, How do you prepare?
• Wake up. Play positive music. Oatmeal, avocado toast. 15 min yoga session. Watch tape, then team activities, lastly I go say bye to my girlfriend and head to the field.
Do you have any hobbies?
• I run a mobile tiki stand the serves slushies or smoothies at events in the Lake Geneva area.
If you had to compare yourself to someone in the NFL, who would that be?
• Myles Garrett, similar build, crazy speed to power, uses that inside arm stick to set up tons of pass rush moves. Plays inside and outside.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My mother. She took three kids with no college education and grinded through working 2 sometimes 3 jobs a day to make us feel safe financially. Every day I work my absolute hardest in an effort to set her up comfortably somewhere warm with enough money to retire and finally relax. That is my life goal in life and no man will stop me from achieving that.