- Name: Grady Blewett
- Height: 6’1”
- Weight: 225
- Position: Outside Linebacker
- College: The University of Mary
- Twitter: @gradykb
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I’m from Bozeman Montana. A town of about 50,000 people. It’s surrounded by the Rocky Mountains with world-renowned fly fishing, great mountains for hiking, skiing mountain biking, rock climbing, and Hunting.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• First, they are all important in order to be successful. That being said I would say Practice, because that is where habits are formed and where you fix mistakes. Then film study to understand your opponent’s tendencies. Lastly strength and conditioning is very crucial because it keeps you healthy and prepared to preform at 100%.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I only worry about what I can control. Making sure that everything I do is beneficial and that I am working as hard as I can to get to where I need to be.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• I failed to make the travel roster for the 1st game of my redshirt freshmen year. I overcame it by busting my tail on scout kickoff everyday and proving to them that they couldn’t travel without me. I ended up making the travel roster by the next road game.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• They would most likely say that I’m “relentless” they know I’m going to give 100% every workout, every practice, and every snap in order to win
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Gunnar Olszewski from Bemidji state. Currently playing for the Patriots.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• That would be rough. I am getting my degree this spring in business. I suppose I would try to do something that incorporates football and business.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
•I’d say room but I am a neat freak so I make sure they all are always clean.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• One family member. Family over everything.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• James Bond. Every man wants to be him and every woman wants to be with him.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• I would say going 1-10 for 3 years then 2-9 my final year of college. A lot of my teammates quit. People took the easy way out and not many guys stuck around that were willing to put in the hard work to try and change the culture. I am glad I stayed all 5 years and worked as hard as I did for my teammates.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• When my friend Jack preformed a reenactment of me in front of the whole team.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• Senior year rivalry game vs Minot state. 4th quarter a few minutes left. I made a big TFL on 3rd down that forced them to punt and give the ball back to our offense. I split the Tackle and the Gaurd and pulled the RB to the ground with one arm while still being blocked by an O linemen.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Amarillo by morning – George Strait
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Attention to detail
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• Pope John Paul II. He dedicated his life to the cause of peace and harmony in the world. I would like go ask him some questions.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• Its 5 o’clock somewhere.
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
•CJ Hamm or Chandler Jones
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected. I don’t care if people like me. I’d rather prove to them why they should respect me.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Ryan Leaf. He was young and made some big time mistakes that I’m sure he really regrets looking back on.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Hate to lose. I lost my fair share of games in college. You learn a lot more about yourself from losing than you do winning.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
•My mom, dad and step mom. They raised me right and taught me important life lessons that make me the man I am today.