- Name: DJ Curtis
- Height: 6’1
- Weight: 225
- Position: LB
- College: Sam Houston State
- Twitter: __djcurtis
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• St.Louis Missouri and the amount of people you are able to meet and learn many experiences from.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• All three of these categories in my opinion all have an equal amount of importance and deserve equal attention. Film study is to prepare yourself for your opponent and to see corrections about your craft, so this is major to put all effort towards. Strength and conditioning are to keep your body healthy and able to preform at your best potential each week so letting up on this will be a very negative thing to do because it may cause injuries. Practice helps with repetition and muscle memory to help prepare what you will be doing on gameday. So, all of three of these categories are equal because without one you will not be successful.
What do you worry about, and why?
• Not living up to my full potential because I believe that I can achieve major accomplishments during my lifetime.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• I have never failed at something, only struggled at achieving it but not receiving a division 1 scholarship out of high school due to academic problems but continued to believe in myself and go to Junior College to receive a couple offers.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• Hardworking and Fearless
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Shaquille Cooper RB for the Edmonton Eskimos in the Canadian Football League
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• Becoming a Youtube Entertainer
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I would save my mother because she is a reason that I made it this far in life and has done everything for me.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Hercules because he had to be very powerful to save the whole world and also gained a beautiful girlfriend at the end.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• Catching meningitis during my last semester at junior college. The way I was able to overcome it is to keep pushing and get my AA diploma to be able to transfer to my new school.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• Getting ran over my freshman year on varsity in highschool
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• I caught a pick six in our rivalry game vs Stephan F. Austin
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Meek Mill – From the Bottom
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Mental strength
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• Muhammad Ali to just listen about his life and what drove him to accomplish all the goals he achieved during boxing and outside of it.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• Boogie Down Fun Town
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Julio jones
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected because even if someone does not like you personally, they will have respect towards you.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Josh Gordon because from what I’ve seen looks like he had a true addiction to drugs.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Love to win
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• Don’t mean to sound cocky or conceited but honestly myself, because of the Trials and Tribulations I had to go through to get where I am today. All of the negative things that happened throughout my life only helped me to keep moving forward and chase success.