- Name: DeAndre Vickers
- Height: 6’1
- Weight: 190
- Position: WR
- College: Livingstone College
- Twitter: @Vickmigo
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I’m from Atlanta, what I love about Atlanta is that is a beautiful city and it’s a hustler’s paradise everyone I know of that I’m friends with from Atlanta is motivated and always trying to level up and I love to see that.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• To me it’s Practice, Film study then, strength and conditioning because, practice gives you game like situations to work on and you create chemistry with your teammates on the field prior to the game then, it’s film study because you can study your opponent and see what adjustments need to be made within your team or scheme then, I think strength and conditioning Which is also important because it prepares you physically and mentally for the task at hand.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I rarely worry about anything but if I worry about something it’ll be my family’s well being because I always said I was gone take care of us.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
•when I was younger I could not tie my shoes for the life of me. The other kids used to be joking on me so, one day I remember I went home and untied all my older sister shoes just so I can watch and see how she tied her shoes. Once she put on One of her shoes she was in a rush so she tied them up in what she called bunny ears and I’ve been tying my shoes like that ever since no lie.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• Most likely they’ll say my best quality is that I’m a Tough I played through being hurt and multiple injuries and I never lose my composure mentally .
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Daryus Skinner just because his IQ was high and he isn’t the biggest or most athletic defensive player I played against he was just smart like me and he was a sure handed ball hawk I hated it but was impressed.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• Either an Urban Planner or a Coach
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• Most likely my room first because it’s my living space.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• Mostly likely my family member because I’m probably with them or near them in this disaster situation.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Julius off everybody hates Chris because he knows how to save money for real and I need that trait.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• The biggest adversity I have a face in life was probably being homeless a little while in college. I was getting my grades and credits back right so I can play football again I had some help a support along the way so it eased the load I was facing eventually I got right and now I’m here.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• I Think I was the first basketball player I ever knew to get his lay up chased down and pinned off the backboard on a fast break and I was like 9 on a 8ft goal. I was embarrassed because When I turned around all i seen was a shiny bald head flexing his muscles at me and it wasn’t a ref and the crowd was going crazy, but as long as mom doesn’t remember it I’m good.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• My most memorable play was when I called 1 of my touchdown out against Shaw University after my coach called my hot route out loud to the defense I said “I’m still going to catch it and score on y’all” and I did.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• If you knew what it took by Future
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• I’m a fast learner I love to learn and adapt to my surroundings fast I believe that’s the key to survival in any capacity.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• If it’s just for one day it’ll have to be someone like Steve Jobs so I can soak all the knowledge and game from him and put my whole team on game.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• The 411
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Robby Anderson
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected because people don’t have to like you to take you serious that’s a sign of respect.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Josh Gordon because he is an amazing athlete and football player and I hate to see someone with talent like that go out bad because it seems like they can’t get right no matter how hard they try.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I believe I love winning because it shows everything you put in work for is coming out the right away that you planned and a loss is just a lesson so I can’t hate it that much just got to regroup and get right.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• That’s hard but, probably my oldest sister Neta because she set the standard for all my siblings and she always support me in everything I went through never doubted me for a second.