2020 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Chris Livings, OLB, McNeese State
- Name: Chris Livings
- Height: 6000
- Weight: 236
- Position: OLB
- College: McNeese State
- Twitter: @livings_chris
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I am from Lake Charles, Louisiana which is a town that is growing daily. It is mainly an industrial city because of the chemical plants. Favorite thing I like about my city is the simplicity.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• I can’t put those three in order of importance because all three cannot co-exist without the other or outweigh the other.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry about if I am doing enough to please God. I say that because he is the reason why I do what I do.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• When I tried to make some grilled chicken and it came out horrible. I spat out the chicken and just been watching other people to learn how to make it better.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• Being a hard worker
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• My career would probably be in Criminal Justice.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• Most likely it would be a family member because we share the same blood.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Thor, just to travel to other dimensions
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• Breaking my wrist, then coming back and setting a new personal record on the bench
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• I cannot remember but when my Mom comes around she always shames me.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Strong Mind
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• Jesus, to try my best to live just like him and to talk face to face with him.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• Risky’s, I do not know why just a random thought.
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Chandler Jones from Arizona because he just works so hard
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected, because I can care less if you like me. Respect goes a long way.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Chris Henry (CIN) because he was a great wide receiver who died in a manner that could have been avoided.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My brother Nate Livings because he showed me the keys to the game.