- Name: Carl Robertgeau
- Height: 6’0
- Weight: 190
- Position: FS/SS/DB
- College: Mars Hill University
- Twitter: @Humble6_
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• My hometown is Homestead, Florida. Great environment with lots of talent but is filled with violence, rated one of the most dangerous cities in the nation. But what I love most about it is the family oriented environment
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Film study is first, must learn my opponent and understand what I am up against, never underestimate the competition. Practice makes perfect, I must perfect my craft and nothing or no one is perfect so I’m constantly working. Last is strength and conditioning, even though it’s last it is very important.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry about my future, my future is something that only I can control, my actions speak volumes and my future will show for it.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• I failed my very first college conditioning test, I took the summer off to work and save up money to go Juco. After failing I spent the next week pushing myself and grinding, in the rain, snow, whatever the conditions were I made a way to get better and pass the conditioning test.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• Leadership and they can feed off the good energy I bring to the team.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Craig Rucker, the best Wide Receiver in College football.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• American Sign Language Interpreter.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• Desk – Business and work must be professional at all times!
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• This is a hard question but if I were to choose I would have to a family member, only because once they are gone there is no seeing them again.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Spongebob – he is full of energy, always positive and willing to uplift others!
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• I was always the underdog, always overlooked, never ranked, rated, scouted, but when it came time to play I always turned heads.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• Missing the touchdown saving tackle my senior year in High School, we went on and lost the game.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• There was plenty of moments that were memorable but the one that stood out the most to me was watching a Freshman safety that played under me through the entire season step in the game last drive of the game after I was suffering cramps. He played an awesome series and helped up gather a victory. I felt like a proud father lol.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Bottom Boy Survivor by Rod Wave. I started with nothing, everything I have today I worked for, got everything out the mud.
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Accountability, I must understand my mistakes, my flaws and learn from my mistakes.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My Cousin Ashley Francois, she was one of my biggest supporters and she would be so proud to see how far I’ve made it.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• Robertgeau’s Lounge
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• John Brown, Straight dog and has been beating all odds against him.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected, respect is earned and not given.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Antonio Calloway, he is better than what he has shown the league, he is also a dog!
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Hate to lose, my passion for the game is bigger than me, I’m very passionate about this game and every play, every second I am giving my full efforts.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My Older Brother, and Also My Cousin Christopher Ferdinand, Both helped me be in the position I am today and both have been with me since day 1, literally want what’s best for me.