- Name: Cameron Wrice
- Height: 5’9
- Weight: 175
- Position: DB
- College: Mars Hill University
- Twitter: cam_wrice3
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• Greenville, South Carolina is not just home to me, but majority of my family also. It’s good having them close by. The city is constantly growing. It’s getting bigger and bigger everyday. It’s got everything you need and more.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Film study is first due to the fact that you can have the game already won by simply being ahead of your opponent. You can know what’s going to happen before the ball even snaps. Practice would be next to execute the game plan from film study. Simply rehearsing everything you will counter on film. Most of the battle is won here too also. Then there’s weights, they are also important in having an edge on a opponent. You’ll come across strong and fast opponents. Weights the correct way can improve your strength and speed. Every rep is important, so you can’t miss reps at all. It can also loosen up muscles when they’re tight.
What do you worry about, and why?
• What I worry about most is not being successful. You can do everything the right way, and still be unsuccessful. I know that I want to provide for my family, live happily and comfortably, and not have any worries.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• Failing a science test, it was disappointing. It teaches you to put your all into studying and focusing on passing. I dedicated time to the subject in my free time and the next test I made an B+.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My technique, I can put myself in great position by simply my alignment and the steps that I take.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• The best player I’ve played against in college would be Vyncnt Smith. He’s a very speedy receiver. Can take the top off the defense. He plays for the Jets now.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• I’m interested in either personal training or home healthcare.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• Room, that’s the first place that you start everyday so it is a must.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• Family member, saving the strangers could make it seem like I turned my back on my family in the situation.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• John Wick, that’s my favorite character of all time. All of the actions scenes are exciting.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• the biggest adversity I’ve had in life is being picked last all the time. Everybody saying I’m too small, can’t do this or can’t do that. I dealt with by simply proving all the doubters wrong. Every single time.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• Falling down the stairs in the hallway high school. That was pretty bad.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• That would have to be my one-handed interception.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Put on by Young Jeezy
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Intelligence is key. Knowing what you can and can’t do. Having football smarts can take you a long way.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• Martin Luther King Jr., I feel like his word is needed nowadays in today’s world.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• Sweet Feet
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Tyrann Mathieu, everything he does is big time and now he’s just getting recognition this year. He’s always been a baller. I’m just glad he finally getting the recognition he deserves.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• I’d rather be respected. Liking someone is simply being enjoyed while respecting someone should be mandatory. You’re taught that at a young age.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Michael Vick, people seen the bad he did and turned to hate him. Everyone has to learn to forgive and move on. They even tried to vote him out from being honored as a pro bowl captain.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I absolutely hate losing, that feeling is sickening.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My mother is the biggest influence on my life. She battled stage 4 breast cancer all throughout my senior year of high school and beat it. That showed me that I can do anything I want in this world if I’m willing to put the work in and stay positive.