• Name: Steven Ratez Burdette Jr.
• Height: 5’11
• Weight: 178
• Position: WR, KOR, Gunner
• College: Stetson University
• Twitter: @Steve_o_13
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• Sardis Mississippi Is where I call home. I didn’t grow up having everything I wanted so that made characteristics like love and loyalty hold special place in my heart.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Strength and conditioning in the morning
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry about being the best leader I can be towards my younger cousins and to my future house hold.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• This past semester I didn’t pass the first 3 exams in my class I was failing horribly because I just didn’t know how to study the material for the exam. I had to go to my teachers office hours countless of times asking for help but it didn’t really click until the final. I finished the class with D plus which will mess up my GPA. So this spring semester I a plan to make up for my down fall.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
•Hard work, They know I would give best effort to win even if I lose.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Kaleb Chalmbers
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• I would be running track and still chasing after my degree.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• Room, That is my temple and resting place. I was raised to pick up behind myself and keep everything I touch clean.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
* I would save the three strangers because saving three is better than one. I would be thinking of the world and how it needs population.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Thor, The god of thunder he has the mind of a Leader and a Champion.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• This past season I faced two injuries that did limited my playing time. I was battling both a Quad and Ankle injure that hinder me from playing a full season. I was able to overcome the Quad and help my team win a couple of games before I hurt my ankle. I’m working hard to get it back to 100% so that I may give my pro day a good shot.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• Probably peeing in the bed until I was 11.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• A 96 yard touchdown pass from my senior QB.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Discipline ,Technique, and Understanding.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
•My Grandmother, she was the first woman to show me what love was like while mother was still trying to find herself.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• Lotus Flowers #ClubLT
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Will Fuller WR Houston Texans .
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected. I have witnessed many people that say they like someone and show fake love towards them behind there back. Whether that’s slandering their name, plotting against them or stealing. Respect is something you earn and view that person differently.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Antonio Brown, He is a great player with petty off field problems. The lies that were told against him makes him act the way he does.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Both but I hate to lose Specially after giving 110%. You have to take your L’s like your W’s and learn from them.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
•My Grandfather , He showed me how to not be so angry when things go wrong. You live longer and your stress levels aren’t so high. He taught how to enjoy the the smaller things in life and work hard for everything you ever wanted it.