2020 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Jordan Davis, TE, University of Louisville
• Name: Jordan Davis
• Height: 6’5
• Weight: 258
• Position: TE
• College: University of Louisville
• Twitter: @Uknowjd
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I am from Texas City, Texas. I tell people I am from Houston because it is the closest major city to me. I feel like most small towns in Texas football is everything. I love the football spirit my town has and we root for everyone who comes out of Texas City.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Strength & Conditioning, practice, film study.
I put these in that order because I feel that one , strength and conditioning is the main way you will be able to see the field. Being hurt, or out of shape is not giving you any opportunity to get playing time. Practice is second because you have to practice good habits in order for a person to take that over into a good game. “Practice how you play” the game is won during the week with preparation. Film study is no less important than the other two. Just knowing your opponent will make the game slow down so much and help a person play at their full potential.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I just pray that I do not have a career ending injury. I try not to let a lot get to me and worry me or stress me out.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• This season I was suspended the first two games for academic reasons. It was initially four games, but because I didn’t let that get to me I was able to get it down to only two games.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• They can come to me if they need to get something done, or for any advice they need .
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• I’ve played with and against Lamar Jackson.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• If I could not play football, I would be playing basketball or baseball as a career. It would be something involving sports.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• I personally clean my room first.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I would personally save one family member. I am a big family guy, so it is just no way I could turn my back on my family, which has probably been there for me and helped me through a lot.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why.
• I would have to be Martin Lawrence as a comedian. Martin is my favorite show of all time and in my opinion he has the realest and funniest television show.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• Not knowing If I would have a scholarship after being suspended 2018 season vs Kentucky. I had to swallow my pride and look at the man in the mirror. If I really wanted to play football then I knew I was on my last string. My character made a complete 180 turn.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• Going out with some lady friends and coming back to their room and urinate on their suede furniture thinking I was in the bathroom.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• Scoring my first touchdown at Louisville against Purdue in my first game, in the first game of the season and the first touchdown of the year.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Made for it by Yfn Lucci. Or Push it by Kevin Gates.
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• I feel non physical traits. Just how you go about your everyday business.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My uncle, because he always told me not to end up like him. I just wish he could see what I have accomplished. Even though god has more in store for me.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• “Rays Boom Boom room”
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• I feel Kyle Rudolph is underrated.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• I would rather be respected, not everyone has to like you. I do expect the same respect that I give to a person because I am not rude.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Josh Gordon, because he may actually have a problem. And he has so much talent that is basically being wasted. Or Aaron Hernandez, but if he did what he did then I would not have to much sympathy.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I hate losing!
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My Mother by far. Seeing her work to make ends meet for my brother and I while being a single mom. She sacrificed her last so that we would never be in need.