- Name: Derrick Curtis
- Height: 6’1
- Weight: 225
- Position: WR
- College: Nebraska Wesleyan University
- Twitter: @7_curtis
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I am from Lincoln Nebraska, I have been born and raised here, and the one thing I love most about it, is how everyone is so nice to each other no matter what. The one thing I really love about Lincoln is how everyone can know and figure out who you are, and the local restaurants can never go wrong with some amazing food!
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Strength and Conditioning film, and practice
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry about whether I am good enough, or my speed, because I know I am not the fastest guy in the world, but I will give my all in everything I do in life.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• We were playing our second game of the season, and I failed at being a good teammate as I was getting doubled team, and I overcame it by just staying the course and I was able to make some significant plays in the game.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• They would say its being a leader by example, always doing the right thing, and going on the fly.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• JoJo McNair
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• Sports broadcaster is what I want to go into, and also what I got a degree in, in school.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I would save one family member, because my family is everything to me, and the reason I strive for greatness everyday.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Horatio Cane, from CSI Miami, the reason is because he is always willing to help someone and is not afraid to fail.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• Dealing my whole life without a father figure in my life! I dealt with just looking at my mom as both my mom and my father and I was able to do what a lot of guys with single moms would not do.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• My pants falling down in a game my Junior year
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• It was the first play of our first offensive drive, and the throw was under thrown, and I went up to make a play like a defender and the ball landed in my lap and I caught it on the first play which set the tone for the drive.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Grinding all my life
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Positive mindset.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My Aunt Darr, because her loss was the most painful I felt in my life and I dedicated my whole senior year of high school to her.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• Club D-Train
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Drew Brees
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected, I do not care if you do not like me, but you will respect me whether it be on the field or off the field, you will respect what I do.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Antonio Brown, the reason is even though he has had issues with his helmet, he is a really talented Wide receiver and deserves to be recognized for his talent.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Hate to lose
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My Mom, she raised me by herself, never had any influence by any man. She would always make sure I had what I needed before she did. She also was able to help me through the recruiting process, and also helped push me to limits I had no idea were possible! She is my hero, and one of the strongest women in the world that I know.