- Name: Brandon Singh
- Height: 5’8
- Weight: 170 lb.
- Position: Slot receiver
- College: Dickinson State University
- Twitter: @DBs_Nightmare1
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
- I was born and raised in the small town of Petaluma, California–40 minutes North of San Francisco. What I love most about my town is that I was lucky enough to grow up in an area that has a lot of greenery but that was not far away from bigger cities.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
- Strength and conditioning
This is the most important because you always have to be prepared and ready to perform and to be injury free.
2. Film study
This is integral because knowing your opponents tactics, strengths, and weaknesses will prepare you for success in the game.
Strength and conditioning coupled with film study will enable me to practice to the best of my abilities. Having the physical strength and the knowledge of my opponents will help me find the best approaches to take on the field.
What do you worry about, and why?
- I worry about letting others down that have believed in me from the start.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
- My whole life I was deterred from my aspirations in football due to a lack of belief from others because of my size. After internalizing this my whole life, I decided that football was not in my future after high school. After a year off, I realized how much I missed the game and decided to play at the local community college. It was there that I was able to showcase my abilities and I came to the realization that I did not need to rely on others, I just needed to instill a growth mindset within myself.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
- My teammates say that I am a good team player. I always put the team first, and I accept any role that is given to me.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
- Shalom Luani–he played safety at San Francisco Community College, who ended up being drafted by the Oakland Raiders in 2017.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
- If I didn’t play football, my career would be a coach for strength and performance.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
- I would choose one family member because the relationship and bond I have with my family members matters most to me.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
- I would be Arnold from Hey Arnold because he has a football head.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
- After transferring to Dickinson State University, I went through a series of injuries for two seasons. I was contemplating hanging up my cleats and many told me not to give up my dreams. It was then that I continuously rehabbed my way back onto the field and was able to play a successful injury free senior season.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
- Being denied by a girl a few times years ago (but who is now my girlfriend lol)
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
- In my senior season, there was a drive during the conference championship game where I had multiple catches to lead the team down the field and was able to score the game tying touchdown.
What song best describes your work ethic?
- Grinding All My Life-Nipsey Hussle
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
- Perseverance because there are ups and downs in football, and you have to be a person that can accept the situation and continue to move forward and grind for future opportunities.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
- My great grandma because I miss the memories I used to share with her.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
- Wiggles and Jiggles.
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
- Christian Kirk
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
- I rather be respected because respect is earned.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
- Collin Kaepernick because he stood up for what he believed in, and that’s all it took for them to take his career away from him.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
- I love to win.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
- My Dad because he was one of the very first people from my family to immigrate to the United States, and was able to build a successful life and create opportunities for not only his wife and children, but for his extended family as well.