- Name: Demetrius Curry
- Height: 6’3
- Weight: 215
- Position: WR
- College: MacMurray College
- Twitter: Mrsmoothhimself
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I’m original from Hanford,CA. I love being able to be around family, since most of my relatives are located in the same area. Also what I love is that my town is really famous for our ice cream which is Superior Dairy.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Film study, strength and conditioning, then practice. These are in my order of importance because being a student of the game has always been key to me being successful. Hard work has always been in me but having the right approach takes it to another level.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I would say my worry is my family but only to an extent.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• An example of me failing would be my JR year. When I came off of a successful sophomore year of football, 1st Team All Conference 43 rec, 919 yrds, 5 td). I failed my Jr year because I was unable to be a starter. I was disappointed in myself more than anything but I knew I had to get straight to work. I overcame my failure by outperforming my entire conference by a huge milestone.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My teammates say my best quality is passion and love for the game because they see what work is put in outside of what is required. They see the dedication and motivation in my eyes and know that I am determined to get to where I want to be.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
- The best player I played against in college would be Nick Morrow.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• My career would a politician or FBI investigator if I couldn’t play football.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• My room is what I clean first.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I would choose my family because blood is thicker than water and family is everything.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• I would say Denzel Washington because I would be able to act in a series of genres, just like a football game, I would be able to play any skill position and dominate amongst the elite competition.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• Biggest adversity would be going to college and being a student athlete. Where I’m from, not many family members go to college, yet alone with become a student athlete. I had to deal with school, adult life, and football, which is a lot to obtain but I managed to utilize my resources and overcome the tribulations along the way.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• Belching aloud in the middle of a football game.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• My first collegiate TD.
What song best describes your work ethic?
- Nipsey Hussle feat Kendrick Lamar- Hussle & Motivate
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• Martin Luther King, I would do that because I’d want to hear his dream and listen to him paint the picture.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• 2 STEP
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Michael Thomas
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• I’d rather be respected, it goes a long way in life and I know my worth.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Michael Vick because he could still be playing on an active roster and potentially be the best quarterback ever to play the game.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I love to win.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
- My grandmother is my biggest influence in life because she pushed me into chasing my dreams and going after what I believe in.