- Name: Artevius Smith
- Height: 5’10
- Weight: 185
- Position: Strong Safety
- College: East Tennessee State University
- Twitter: @ArteviusS
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I’m from Birmingham, AL, it’s an historical place and is a growing community. The thing I love most is just the southern hospitality!
• List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice? They’re all very important but if I had to put them in order first would be film study because it allows me to play faster and helps me have a higher probability to what the opponent is trying to do. Second would be practice because if you have good practice habits those habits will translates to the game. Third would be Strength and Conditioning because it’s a physical game to play and you need your body to withstand the physicality from the game.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry about letting my family, friends, coaches, and teammates down. If it wasn’t for them I wouldn’t be in the position that I’m in today so they deserve to get the best version of me whether that’s being a player or person.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• I fail at something almost every single day but I work on getting whatever I failed at better everyday!
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• Just being positive and bringing good energy
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Well actually two players Devlin Hodges and Kelvin McKnight. They just had a real connection with each other and made it tough for their opponents.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• I’d be a real estate agent, personal trainer, or a masseur!
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• Room, Car, Desk
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I’d probably pick the three strangers, because I’ll be saving more lives don’t get wrong I love family now.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Michael Jai White I chose him because he does his own stunts in his movies and has eight different black belts of varying degrees in eight different martial art forms.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• losing my mother because you only get one of them but I just used it as motivation cause I know everything happens for a reason and just hoping that I’m making her proud.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• losing a bet to a friend and had to shave my head!
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• My most memorable play was getting my first collegiate interception and it was a one grab also had another later on that game
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Bigger Than Me- Big Sean
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Having a good attitude and mindset every day to getting better as a player and person.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• I would bring my mother back. If I could get another chance, walk, dance with her. I’d play a song that would never ever end how I’d love to dance with my mother again.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• I would name it the “Art Show”
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Marlon Humphrey
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected, I really don’t care who likes or dislikes me. Someone can love you one day and hate you the next.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Sean Taylor! Probably the best safety ever to play the game and for him to lose his life because he was so generous with giving his family money, his life was taking due to the greed of others. R.I.P Sean Taylor!
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Both but If I had to choose I hate to lose.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My grandmother, she’s always been there for me and one of the strongest women that I know. She goes through hell and back to make sure that I’m good and have everything that I need. There’s no way I can pay her back but my plan is to show her that I understand.