2020 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Noel Reid, LB, University of Northern Colorado
- Name: Noel Reid
- Height: 5’11
- Weight: 226
- Position: LB
- College: University of Northern Colorado
- Twitter: @N_Reid15
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I’m from Pahokee, Fl. A small town where we don’t get many opportunities. I love my home town so much because it made me who I am today. Teaches you if you want something you got to go get it.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Strength/Conditioning, Film Study, & Practice
What do you worry about, and why?
• I don’t worry about much but when I do I worry about fulfilling my destine. I believe in God that he will let me overcome anything and steer me in the right direction.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• Last year I didn’t make my weight goal. I was underweight and frustrated. I took it more serious and made it a daily propriety to eat the right things.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• Leading by example
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Cooper Kupp
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• Trainer, teaching youth sports, and my own faculty
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• A family member because in that moment of time I would think about my live ones first.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Honestly I would be myself, because I love who I am and who I’m becoming. I’d rather create my own legacy instead of living someone else’s.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• When I hurt my knee my junior year of high school, it really wasn’t much I could have done but pray and continue to have faith. When I was healthy again I stayed positive and didn’t let the thought of my leg hinder me or hold me back.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• Trying to cut my hair the night before a game and I did a terrible job. All my teammates laughed at me.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• Game winning tackle for loss against Sac state my sophomore year.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Places you’ll go by Major Nine
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Football IQ. Having knowledge about the game and what to do in certain situations can give you the edge over someone that has the same skills as you.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My grandma, she was the spiritual foundation of my family.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Deone Bucannon
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected. You can’t get everyone to like you, but you can gain their respect.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Mike Vick
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Hate to lose. The competitive nature inside me wants to win and and be great at everything I do in life.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My mother, she kept it real with me from day one and she’s my biggest supporter.