2020 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Zeke Moore, DB, University of the Cumberlands
- Name: Zeke Moore
- Height: 5’10
- Position: Defensive Back
- College: University of the Cumberlands
- Twitter: @_zekemoore
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I’m from Camden County, Georgia. It’s a small town but we are expanding in good ways for the community. I love my hometown because everyone knows each other so a lot of people have respect for each other.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Strength and Conditioning would have to be first you have to be in shape if you want to play football because health is Key. Film Study would have to be second so we can know what the opponent’s tendencies are and to see what they do in certain situations. Practice would be the third important thing so when we can work on what we were just studying in film.
What do you worry about, and why?
• Being honest I’m not really worried about anything because I know that God has my back no matter what and that’s why I’m confident in myself and my teammates to do their jobs on and off the field so we can all be at our best.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• When I fail on something I use it as something that I can learn from because I can’t sit back and dwell on something you have to move on from it there and if the situation pops back up I will know what to do.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• I feel like I bring the energy into my teammates because they know I always keep it straight forward and I have a leadership mentality always. I feel like our team mood this year is unfinished business.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Greg Bell was probably the best I have ever faced in College so far he was a good running back when I was playing JUCO.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• I feel like I would be a great Head Coach or a professional trainer or some sort of Sports Agent because I just feel like I know how to connect with people to get the best out of them.
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
• I would have to clean my Room first because when in doubt if you have a bad day or your car is messed up you can come back to a clean room. I’m a homebody type person anyway a lot of stretching and 2k
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I feel like if a disaster happened God would give me the strength to know what to pick at that moment because I know he is protecting me and my family.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• I would be Thanos because he really proved you can do anything as long as you put your mind to it. He really beat the Avengers that’s not supposed to happen at all.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• My adversity would probably be when someone tried to tell me I’m too short to play corner so I had to play safety and after that, I pushed my self to perfect my craft so I can be the best all-around DB that I can be.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• My sophomore year we were playing Baker County I caught a comeback and as I was dragging the defender he was pulling my pants off so my whole butt was out on a Friday night game.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• When we played Faulkner this past season they came out talking a lot of trash before the game and the first drive of the game their QB threw a quick slant and I read it and hit there WR and caused a fumble and we recover it.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Workin Me by Quavo
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• My Vision would have to be my trait because as I get older and the more I play I understand the game more and more every day the game breaks down for me. It’s getting easier to read my keys by the years.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My Uncle Charles so I can listen to what wise words he would have to say to me.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• The Zues
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• I feel like Cyrus Jones because all he does is punt return but he really is one of the smoothest DB’s that the Ravens have.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• I would rather be respected than liked because if they respect you they know that you mean business on your side of the field and respect goes a long way because they know what kind of a Man you are.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Matt Elam because was a top safety in the league when he was playing for the Ravens. He still would be playing right now helping them compete in a playoff run every year I feel like.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I hate to lose no matter what, whatever I do I try to win regardless. I was never thought just to play it’s always dominated whoever you are going against
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My brother is my biggest influence on me because I saw him do his thing in football and I saw him make it and I know what it takes to get there and to maintain produce he built me to be TTG ( train to go).