2020 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Trevon Moore, DB, Eureka College
- Name: Trevon Moore
- Height: 5’9
- College: Eureka College
- Twitter: @TrevonMoore14
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• My hometown of Aurora, Illinois. What I love most about my hometown is the wide variety of opportunities that are offered there and how heavy sports is praised within the city.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Strength and conditioning, then film study, then practice. I put strength and conditioning first because you have to be able to last all four quarters or more. Next is film study because it is a very important aspect of my game for the fact that you want to break down every single aspect of every opponents game whether it’s what they like to do at the top of their route or their favorite move off the line. Breaking down all of this helps translate into practice where you add in everything you studied in film.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry most about my mom and wanting to help give her a better life because she struggles a lot to where it has prevented her from being able to live a fulfilling life and I want to succeed in order to give her what she wants and needs.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• My junior year in high school I failed at letting my personal issues get in between me and football to where I lacked the motivation to go to practice which resulted in me not playing football that year. I overcame this by tacking advice that a man told me which was “instead of dwelling on your circumstances and letting that push you away from the sport you love, use that as fuel and drive to better yourself so you can get out of those circumstances.” Hearing this made me promise myself that anything bad that happens, turn it into fuel towards the sport I love and work harder which is exactly what I did my senior year and into my college years.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• Most of my teammates would say my competitiveness because when I step on the field it doesn’t matter who I’m up against, they’re going to get the best of me.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• The best college receiver I went against would probably be Jimmy Douglas III who is on my team but he pushes me the best I can be and I do the same for him which makes it easier come game time.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• My career would be in the business field specifically a real estate agent if I couldn’t play football.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• I would clean my room first then desk then car.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I would choose to save one family member because it could be someone who is the closest to me and even if it wasn’t someone close to me it’s still apart of my family.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Will Smithin Fresh Prince of Bel Air because he’s goofy and so am I.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• Losing my dad at a young age and I overcame that with sports.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• when I was at IKEA and I was walking and the mirror looked like the next hallway and I ran into the glass and fell and I walked back to the checkout and a guy followed me all the way just to ask if I was okay and tell people what happened.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• Two interceptions verse Concordia Wisconsin
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Wins and Loses by Meek Mill
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My dad because I would want to show and tell him everything I have accomplished so far.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Tyrann Mathieu
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected because respect goes a long way.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Kareem Hunt because he was kicked off of his team for something that wasn’t his fault.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Hate to lose
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My uncle because he’s always been there to show me right from wrong and he introduced me to the game I love and he continues to lead by example.