2020 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Sherman Arthur, DB, Friends University
- Name: Sherman Arthur
- Height: 6’
- Position: Cornerback
- College: Friends University
- Twitter: __derf10
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I’m from Watts, California. What I love most about my hometown is the love and support the community gives each other.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Strength and conditioning: that’s the one thing you have to do all year to be able to perform at a high level
Practice: That’s where you work on what you’re going to be doing in the game.
Film: You can learn from the mistakes you made and how you can become more familiar with why you are doing what you have assigned to do.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry about my Mom and my other siblings while I’m away at school because I’ve always been there to help through things they go through.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• I failed a test towards the end of the spring semester. My first reaction was that I was going to fail the class. I overcame failure by studying harder, really focusing on the final that was coming up and I passed it.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Darryl Terrell-Sterling College
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• One family member because family should always come first.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Black Panther, he was a good leader and he wanted to help his people all around the world.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• Losing my brother in high school and I’ve learned to deal with it by knowing he’s in a better place and do the best I could to make him proud.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• Missing a fast break lay up my senior year of high school.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• My first interception my Freshman year
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Grindin’ all my life – Nipsey Hussle
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My brother Ashton because we always had a good time and he was the person I was closest to.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Casey Hayward- Los Angeles Chargers
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• I would rather be respected because respect goes a long way .
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Josh Gordon, he has great talent and in my opinion, could’ve been a great player. I really liked watching him play.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Hate to lose
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
* My Mom has been my biggest influence because she did a great job raising me, my brother, and sisters. She’s never given up on us and always there when we need her.